Can't see the " iOS Application" tab on Project Properties in Visual studio 2015 with Xamarin

Best Answer

Answers

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭

@JingxianYang It seems you have only project in the solution. Then you don't need to select anything. Just click on the device selected or press F5 and you should be running your app.

• JingxianYangJingxianYang USMember

Shan,

Thank you for your response!

My question is why the "iOS Application" tab cannot be showed up on project properties in my VS 2015 with Xamarin iOS.

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭

The Application tab that was highlighted in your screenshot is the iOS Application since it is in the Properties of an iOS app.

Are you comparing with what? I created an iOS app in both VS2015 and VS2017 and I see the same thing.

• JingxianYangJingxianYang USMember

The "Application" tab and "iOS Application" tab should be displayed on Project Properties concurrently in Visual Studio 2015 iOS project with Xamarin.

• weiliuweiliu ATMember

I have the same question as the OP. In the "IOS-application" section there shall be something sub-section such as "IOS Application Target", "iPhone/iPod Deployment Info" and "Iphone Icons", which unfortunately cannot be seen in the "Application" section.

• PierceBogganPierceBoggan USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

@weiliu: See my answer above:

@PierceBoggan said:
    @JingxianYang All of the information in the iOS Application tab of the Project Properties was duplicated already in the Info.plist (the location where these values are stored), so this tab was removed in a recent release in favor of just editing the Info.plist file directly. If you double-click that file, it will open an editor almost identical to what you are used to seeing in the iOS Application tab. :)

• aymenhajsalemaymenhajsalem FRMember

thanks it helps me too !

@PierceBoggan said:
    @weiliu: See my answer above:

@PierceBoggan said:
    @JingxianYang All of the information in the iOS Application tab of the Project Properties was duplicated already in the Info.plist (the location where these values are stored), so this tab was removed in a recent release in favor of just editing the Info.plist file directly. If you double-click that file, it will open an editor almost identical to what you are used to seeing in the iOS Application tab. :)