Can't create / load any workbooks

If I start workbooks and attempt to create a new console or wpf workbook in it, then the status bar says loading but the page says, "Navigation to the webpage was canceled". I get the same error if I attempt to open a workbook. The only difference I could find, is if I use the alpha version of workbooks (currently 1.3 something) and attempt to open a workbook then an error shows up in the log.

Information that might help:

• I am running Windows 10 Creators Update
  • .NET 4.7 is installed. (Shouldn't really affect anything, but then I did see mention of problems with System.ValueTuple when it is installed)
  • Workbooks 1.3 Alpha (Installed Outside of Visual Studio)
  • Visual Studio 2017 (Without the Xamarin plugin)

I have replaced all at signs with the text "(at)" in the log text.

Log:

Xamarin Workbooks
Copyright 2016-2017 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Copyright 2014-2016 Xamarin Inc. All rights reserved.
├─ Version: 1.3.0-alpha2
├─ Date: 6/1/2017 2:53:50 PM
├─ Hash: fa030e0eaff5e0e02aaa5208d8e8e242f7c30fb0
├─ Branch: master
└─ Lane: inspector-windows-master

[Info][00:00:00.0221249] AppSession (.ctor): Starting Xamarin Inspector client (at) C:\Users\builder\data\lanes\1661\fa030e0e\source\inspector\Clients\Xamarin.Interactive.Client\AppSession.cs:75
[Error][00:00:00.0533665] MainThread (Ensure): Ensure failed in GetValue (at) C:\Users\builder\data\lanes\1661\fa030e0e\source\inspector\Agents\Xamarin.Interactive\MainThread.cs:49
[Info][00:00:01.2497200] UpdaterService (CheckForUpdatesInBackground): checking for updates (at) C:\Users\builder\data\lanes\1661\fa030e0e\source\inspector\Clients\Xamarin.Interactive.Client\Client\Updater\UpdaterService.cs:247
[Error][00:00:01.3506852] Telemetry (PostEventAsync): exception: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: bad use of ObjectSerializer ---> System.Exception: GetValue must be invoked on main thread
at Xamarin.Interactive.MainThread.Ensure(String caller)
at Xamarin.Interactive.Preferences.Preference`1.GetValue()
at Xamarin.Interactive.Telemetry.Objects.Application.Xamarin.Interactive.Serialization.ISerializableObject.Serialize(ObjectSerializer serializer)
at Xamarin.Interactive.Serialization.ObjectSerializer.ObjectUnchecked[TSerializable](TSerializable value)
at Xamarin.Interactive.Serialization.ObjectSerializer.Property[TSerializable](String name, TSerializable value)
at Xamarin.Interactive.Telemetry.Events.AppSessionStart.Serialize(ObjectSerializer serializer)
at Xamarin.Interactive.Telemetry.Client.EventObjectStreamContent.Xamarin.Interactive.Serialization.ISerializableObject.Serialize(ObjectSerializer serializer)
at Xamarin.Interactive.Serialization.ObjectSerializer.ObjectUnchecked[TSerializable](TSerializable value)
at Xamarin.Interactive.Telemetry.Client.EventObjectStreamContent.SerializeToStreamAsync(Stream stream, TransportContext context)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Xamarin.Interactive.Telemetry.Client.EventObjectStreamContent.SerializeToStreamAsync(Stream stream, TransportContext context)
at System.Net.Http.HttpContent.LoadIntoBufferAsync(Int64 maxBufferSize)
at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.PrepareAndStartContentUpload(RequestState state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Xamarin.Interactive.Telemetry.Client.d__14.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Xamarin.Interactive.Telemetry.Client.d__13.MoveNext() (at) C:\Users\builder\data\lanes\1661\fa030e0e\source\inspector\Clients\Xamarin.Interactive.Client\Telemetry\Client.cs:114
[Info][00:00:02.0547206] UpdaterService (CheckForUpdatesInBackground): no updates are available (at) C:\Users\builder\data\lanes\1661\fa030e0e\source\inspector\Clients\Xamarin.Interactive.Client\Client\Updater\UpdaterService.cs:259
[Info][00:00:03.3582701] MessageViewController (LogMessage): PushMessage => Status: Loading workbook… (at) C:\Users\builder\data\lanes\1661\fa030e0e\source\inspector\Clients\Xamarin.Interactive.Client\Messages\MessageViewController.cs:126

Best Answer

• SpeedRunSpeedRun USMember
    Accepted Answer

Sorry to bother people, as it turns out my hard drive was failing and corrupted the installation every time.

Answers

• SpeedRunSpeedRun USMember
    Accepted Answer

Sorry to bother people, as it turns out my hard drive was failing and corrupted the installation every time.

This discussion has been closed.