"Missing Push Notification Entitlement" but my app do not use push at all

lufo88lufo88 USMember ✭✭✭

Hi,

I submit my app to the App Store, but now It send me this warning

Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature's entitlements do not include the "aps-environment" entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the "aps-environment" entitlement. Xcode 8 does not automatically copy the aps-environment entitlement from provisioning profiles at build time. This behavior is intentional. To use this entitlement, either enable Push Notifications in the project editor's Capabilities pane, or manually add the entitlement to your entitlements file. For more information, see https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/RemoteNotificationsPG/HandlingRemoteNotifications.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008194-CH6-SW1.

The problem is: my app do not use push notification at all. Someone has the same problem?

• ConwayConway USMember ✭✭

Do you use any third-party components or packages that contain push notification related code?

• lufo88lufo88 USMember ✭✭✭

Thanks for the reply,
    I do not know. I use these package:
    Newtonsoft,Json (and his dependencies)
    sqlite-net-pcl (and his dependencies)
    Modern Http client
    SharpZipLib
    Mobile.Azure.Mobile
    Mobile.Azure.Mobile.Analytics
    Mobile.Azure.Mobile.Crash

Regards,

• DanMiserDanMiser USMember ✭✭

I'm wondering if it's due to Mobile.Azure. They have push notification support in their set of features. I just added the Mobile.Azure packages and uploaded an app to TestFlight that got this email warning sent to me. However, today they upgraded their nuget packages to 0.14.0, so I'll see if that fixes it.

I also just pinged their support to ask them if they're aware of it.

• lufo88lufo88 USMember ✭✭✭

@DanMiser said:
    I'm wondering if it's due to Mobile.Azure. They have push notification support in their set of features. I just added the Mobile.Azure packages and uploaded an app to TestFlight that got this email warning sent to me. However, today they upgraded their nuget packages to 0.14.0, so I'll see if that fixes it.

Today they answer me. You are right and they told me to ignore that warning. I am not very happy about this. They must create a library ad hoc with the support for push notification (my 2 cents)

• Motoko89Motoko89 USMember ✭✭

@DanMiser said:

Thanks for your answer which helped me quickly figuring out what's wrong since my app has no push notification. 0.14.0 has the same issue. I end up configuring Push Notification anyway since I am afraid Apple will reject my submission

• wallymwallym USInsider, Beta ✭✭✭

I'm getting this to. It makes sense. Thanks. :-)