Get the Latest Previews for iOS via TestFlight

JamesMontemagnoJamesMontemagno USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai
edited August 13 in Xamarin Live Player

Thanks everyone for your interest in the Xamarin Live Player for iOS. As of August 10th we have stopped TestFlight registration and will no longer be distributing the iOS version of the Xamarin Live Player. The Xamarin Live Player for Android is still available on Google Play.”

• rseostarrseostar USUniversity ✭✭

Just signed up, can't wait!

• WaldemarCichonWaldemarCichon DEMember ✭✭

Hi,

I have started with Xamarin live and i´m very impressed by this feature. Before, I was envious to ionic developers, they have also such thing.But for HTML-Development it is much easier to deploy their code to a render app on a real device.

But what I do not understand - now the beta channel has new releases inside as the alpha. I returned to the beta because of some issues in the alpha. Is is because of Xamarin Live support which is only in the Alpha, but I can´t find the Live Menu entry at the beta. When do you think will be Live also available in the beta?

Regards

Waldemar

• JamesMontemagnoJamesMontemagno USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai
    The IDE extension is in VS 2017 Preview and VS for Mac Alpha.

This App alpha program is for the mobile app exclusively, as it does a bulk of the work. So when you register for the app alpha you get app updates faster.
  • RedbytesRedbytes USMember

Signed Up!!!!

• Hi,
    Can I still expect a maximum of 1 week, before my request for the alpha program is accepted.
    Cannot wait to see, if issues with PCL have been solved.
    I am also very keen to see, if "Effects" will work.
    BR Martin

• JamesMontemagnoJamesMontemagno USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

All registrations should have received received an email from me for Google Play and or from TestFlight.

If you haven't then your email address may not have been entered correctly.

• AlinMaiorAlinMaior USMember ✭✭

Can I still join the Alpha program?

• BryanWhatleyBryanWhatley USMember ✭✭

How do you join the TestFlight?

• BryanWhatleyBryanWhatley USMember ✭✭

Ok, got into TestFlight and just ran my first test app. Thanks so much!

• jamessmith.2438jamessmith.2438 USMember ✭✭

I want to join testFlight!

Seven days passed, but i received no email from Apple

good, i got invited

• KauppiKauppi Member

Hi @JamesMontemagno, the alpha formular registration link doesn't work. I have tried to google around to find a another solution without any luck :) Is it possible to get access to the Live Player for iOS?

• MarkWardellMarkWardell USUniversity ✭✭

Where do I sign up most of the iOS link on this page is broken. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/tools/live-player/install?tabs=ios,macos

• StanGreenStanGreen USMember

Hi @JamesMontemagno, I am also starting out with Xamarin and found the Live Player TestFlight registration app is not working. How can we get access to it?

Thanks,
    Stan

Updated links

• davidxborsdavidxbors Member

Hi @JamesMontemagno!
    The form that I was redirected to, in order to sign up for the Test Flight invitation doesn't work. What should I do to get Live Player on my iPhone?

Thanks! :)

PS: Sorry, but I can't provide you with the links, because I just created my account

should be working thanks for reporting, had an issue over the weekend.

• KlauskaKlauska Member

Hello all,

I want to check this Xamarin Live Player, but on the registration form, I get back the next error message:
    Something went wrong, please contact the application owner: {"code"=>"ITC.apps.tf.max.app.testers", "description"=>"Failed to create tester."}

Could somebody help me?

• amrabulnagaamrabulnaga Member ✭✭

@davidxbors said:
    Hi @JamesMontemagno!
    The form that I was redirected to, in order to sign up for the Test Flight invitation doesn't work. What should I do to get Live Player on my iPhone?

PS: Sorry, but I can't provide you with the links, because I just created my account

ITC.apps.tf.max.app.testers", "description"=>"Failed to create tester."} Link not working

• amrabulnagaamrabulnaga Member ✭✭

@amrabulnaga said:

@davidxbors said:
    Hi @JamesMontemagno!

ITC.apps.tf.max.app.testers", "description"=>"Failed to create tester."} Link not working

https://pasteboard.co/Hyq31V6.png

• TylerByteTylerByte Member

So we still have to buy a Mac to develop Mac Apps? I have an Iphone is there no way?

• JohnHairJohnHair GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@TylerByte said:
    So we still have to buy a Mac to develop Mac Apps? I have an Iphone is there no way?

You can use a Mac cloud solution, but ultimately you will need a Mac somewhere to be able to build the app. This is an Apple requirement.