Forum Visual Studio
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Visual studio unable to Identify Xamarin Tests

Hi Everyone,
I writing few automation scripts to test android app using Visual studio 2015 Enterprise version. I wrote a simple android app to load a map and doing some operations like zoom in and out.

First I just updated the Apkfile details and executed the test case, it just worked fine. after add few lines like
app.PinchToZoomOutCoordinates(10, 10); I build the project, from then I cant see any test listed in test explorer. But if I upload this project to Xamarin cloud test are passing. Am I missing any thing/ do I need to install any package ?

Code

namespace UITest1
{
    [TestFixture]
    public class Tests
    {
        AndroidApp app;

[SetUp]
    public void BeforeEachTest()
    {
        app = ConfigureApp
            .Android
            .ApkFile(@"xxx\xx\xxx.apk")
            .StartApp();
    }

[Test]
    public void AppLaunches()
    {
        app.Screenshot("First screen.");
        app.WaitForElement()
        app.PinchToZoomOutCoordinates(10, 10);
    }
}
}

Thanks

Best Answers

Answers

• ManikantaKotthapalli.4983ManikantaKotthapalli.4983 USMember ✭✭
    edited June 2017

Yes I installed NUnit v2.6.4, NUnit3TEstAdapter v3.7.0 , Xamarin.UITest v2.0.9. I have VS17, VS15 Professional version and enterprise version but no luck.

But I switched to NUnitTestAdapter2.1.1. now in VS17. They are working.

Thanks @Mr.Pearce and @ShantimohanElchuri.