How to resize the xib that is used for TableView Cells and collection View Cells ?

JaswaJaswa INMember ✭✭

I am using xib to create tableView Cells and collection View Cells. But am not able to resize the xib. I need to increase the xib size so that i can add labels and views. Current its width is 50 and height is 50. I changed the size property to Custom and changed the width and height. But these changes are not reflected in xib. Please help me.

Best Answers

Answers

• JaswaJaswa INMember ✭✭

Thanks @TedRogers for the reply. When I selected tableview Cell, the circles popped up in the corners and I could resize it. But when I selected CollectionView Cell, Circles did not pop up in the Corners. How to resize CollectionView Cell Xib ? I added images as well.

• JaswaJaswa INMember ✭✭

Hi @TedRogers ..Thank you so much. This solution is working. But it is like rework. If there is any changes to cell size in future, again I have to do it in the same way. This process is lengthier. What if someone developing iOS app in windows, how will he resize collection View cell ?

• TedRogersTedRogers USMember ✭✭✭✭

@Jawsa - I can only tell you what works for me. I am sure the iOS Designer is quite capable but I have never gotten the hang of creating constraints using it. I find XCode easier and more complete for editing UI components but I started with XCode so I am biased. I do all my xib and storyboard editing in XCode. I don't find the process much more lengthy. You either open your files in iOS Designer or you open them in XCode. The only time I use iOS Designer is when I need classes created that correspond to UI elements. iOS Designer is great for that and creates the boiler plate stuff for you.
    If they added the constraint editing to iOS Designer that you can do in the document view mode in IB, I would consider switching. However, I think Apple will keep adding new features to XCode that will be hard for iOS Designer to keep up with.