Forum Xamarin Xamarin.iOS

Need help reading crash log

AnthonyCarlsonAnthonyCarlson USMember ✭✭

I've attached the symbolicated crash log but not sure what the issue is. It is crashing as soon as the app opens from the app store but when doesn't crash when debugging on simulator or device. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Answers

• andnesandnes USMember ✭✭✭

The crash log didn't really say much. Have you tried running the app in a Release build on your device or simulator?

• AnthonyCarlsonAnthonyCarlson USMember ✭✭

The crash log was from test flight and got rejected from the review process. Might seem like a silly question but how can I run the app in a Release build on my device? When I set it to release in Xamarin Studio and try to deploy it to the device it errors about the provisioning profile does not include any devices

• JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@AnthonyCarlson,

Unfortunately, that log does not appear to be symbolicated. Take a look at my blog post for some tips on symbolicating. http://jmillerdev.net/symbolicating-ios-crash-files-xamarin-ios/

You can go into the Project Properties -> iOS Bundle Signing menu and change the provision for a Release build to be your "Development" provision. Just toggle the Identity to Developer and the provision to Automatic.

• AnthonyCarlsonAnthonyCarlson USMember ✭✭

Hi John, thanks for the reply. That's the exact article I followed to symbolicate the crash. I used the crash report apple sent back and I'm pretty sure I used the same build of .app and .dSYM that got created when building for archive. I'd have to send it to apple again and get a new crash file because I can't get it to crash locally.

I changed the bundle signing and provisioning to development and was able to deploy in release mode to device and didn't get any errors.