Block app ?

Hello,

It's possible with Xamarin Forms to block sending message or block the access at the message app ?

Thank's

Answers

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

No. That is not the purview of an app; Xamarin or otherwise. Would you want a phone that would allow any random app to killl your messages? Sure ticket to malware and app impersonation.

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod

That's malware basically as @ClintStLaurent stated.

If it's for business purposes then maybe look at Windows UWP & possibly group policy to restrict that (if it's possible), otherwise it's a forked OS version you'd have to provide but it's certainly not the job of Forms which is a cross platform UI framework, what your describing is platform specific and would never get into the Appstores I suspect.

• MyAppFrenchiesMyAppFrenchies USMember ✭✭

This is by no means a malware but a real application. What I'm asking is only to block the sending of message on the telepone if I activated the option of the app by clicking a button

but that's still your app blocking any other app sending an SMS if your app decides unless i'm missing something.

I'm not sure I fully understand the message because I am French, but what I'm saying is that my application when I click on my button, it only blocks the sending of message and iMessage on the iPhone

Oh no sorry, the application does not send any message but it prevents the user from sending it, for example if he tries to send one it will not be possible

I don't think that's possible but it's certainly not something to do with Xamarin Forms, your talking about platform specific native behavior.

Yes that's what I think too but I do not know if this is possible to do even in native, do you know?

edited June 2017

I honestly don't know.

This API for example will give you an idea of what you can do with native SMS in Android

https://github.com/Cheesebaron/SmsBlip

If you want to lock down a device I really don't know, lets just say it's not encouraged by the OS designers from what I can read, iOS and Android are really consumer devices unless you go for custom hardware & forked OS builds in the case of Android.

Ok thank's !

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

You said "block" it - but is that really your goal? There is a difference between blocking all messages and making another messages app. You can make a messages app and set it as the default app for the messages activity.

Yes but unfortunately this is not the goal