Run App on iPad

MelbourneDeveloperMelbourneDeveloper AUMember ✭✭✭

Up to now, we've been running our iOS app on the Simulator on our Mac. We just bought an iPad and now we want to run it on there. I installed the Xamarin Live player, but from what I'm reading, I have to installed Visual Studio 2017 Preview (https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/cross-platform/live/install/). I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole.

How do I just run the iOS app? Do I have to go through the long winded process of getting an Apple certificate etc. in order to run the app?

Answers

• DhilluDhillu INMember ✭✭✭

Yes, you should have Apple Developer certificate to run your app on real device.

• MelbourneDeveloperMelbourneDeveloper AUMember ✭✭✭

OK. But, what do I do after that?

I've actually go to the point where I have trusted my certificate on the iPad. I can see the iPad appearing in my drop down list when I try to run the app from my Windows Machine, so Visual Studio recognises that there's an iPad connected to the Mac. But, I get this error:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error No installed provisioning profiles match the installed iOS signing identities. Adapt.PresentationSamples.iOS C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.iOS.Common.targets 605

How do I set the provisioning profile in my iOS app on Windows?

The answer was that I had to set the bundle name in Info.plist to the one I set up on my mac.