Stable Channel (and VS 2017): 15.2.3 Service Release

BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski Brendan ZagaeskiUSForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
edited June 14 in General

Please see https://releases.xamarin.com/stable-release-15-2-3-xamarin-vs-servicing-release/ for the details about this release.

This release is now available in the Xamarin updater channels and as part of the June 9th – version 15.2 (26430.13) update for Visual Studio 2017.

Commonly seen issues fixed in this release

• developercommunity 63718, Bug 57143 [Xamarin.VisualStudio] In certain environments, Visual Studio often crashes during project load due to an unhandled exception in a Zeroconf method called by Xamarin.VisualStudio.ZeroConf.MacDiscoveryService.

Remaining common issues from May 17

See the updated list of common issues on the Release Blog.

Bug reports wanted!

• Please file a quick bug report using the "15.2 Release" new bug form if you see any suspicious behavior in these versions that you wish to report.

• If you get any errors when using the form to submit, please select the All Products option and choose the desired product.
  • Comment in this forum thread if your question is not related to a suspicious behavior after download, but instead one of the following:

• You notice an error in the Release Blog post.
    • You have trouble downloading one of the installer packages.

• rseostarrseostar Robert Strand USUniversity ✭✭

When will this show up on VS2017 Stable Channel?

• ArashDavidiArashDavidi Arash USMember ✭✭

@rseostar said:

Another question would be, when will "15.3" Service Release be available on Stable Channel?

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski Brendan Zagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited June 14

It is currently on the VS 2017 release channel. The fix for developercommunity 63718 was published for Visual Studio 2017 a few days ahead of Visual Studio 2015. As stated in the first post in the thread:

This release is now available ... as part of the June 9th – version 15.2 (26430.13) update for Visual Studio 2017.

• RUBENCARREONRUBENCARREON RUBEN CARREON USMember ✭✭

Hello,
    I have an app with xamarin.VS 4.5.0.475 and using google maps and working fine

I updated to Xamarin.VS 4.5.0.486 and now I only see a generic map from Rome

Any ideas why?

• PhilippSumiPhilippSumi Philipp Sumi USMember ✭✭✭

@RUBENCARREON

Rome is what you'll see if the coordinates aren't set (at least if you're in Europe) - maybe something goes wrong during initialization. This sounds like a major show stopper to us - did find the root cause of the issue?

• RUBENCARREONRUBENCARREON RUBEN CARREON USMember ✭✭

Hey @PhilippSumi yes, I found the problem, for some reason I have to use the InitialCameraUpdate property and now is working

Have a great one

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent Clint StLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28

I skipped 15.2 completely after all the issues I saw here.
    With the latest version a co-work that DID do that update said the latest resolved the issues.
    I got brave. Big mistake,

It broke code that previously worked.

Xamarin.Forms solution.
    In the Droid project
    I had an IResultListener callback OnCompleted that got back a collection of objects then would iteration through them:

public void OnCompleted(Object dataListLocations, ErrorCode p1)
                {// Street address supplied as request, collection of locations returned
                    if (dataListLocations != null)
                    {
                        JavaList locations = (JavaList)dataListLocations;
                        foreach (Location location in locations)

Now the cast to (JavaList) throws an illegalCastExpection

Bugzilla:
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=57845

How do I roll back this latest update so I can get back to work?

This discussion has been closed.