Deploy hangs on 'Detecting installed packages...'

I've been at this all day and still no solution. This morning I was asked to test if we could install a package from a download link on our website. That worked fine on the phone I normally do my debugging and testing. After that I tried to normally deploy my app to the phone again (after deleting the installed package) but the build started hanging here:

Detecting installed packages...
1>DEBUG RunShellCommand 1015faeb8a312a02 am broadcast -a "mono.android.intent.action.PACKAGE_VERSIONS" -e "packages" "Mono.Android.DebugRuntime,Mono.Android.Platform.ApiLevel_25,nl.natuurnetwerk.notifier" -n "Mono.Android.DebugRuntime/com.xamarin.mono.android.PackageVersions"

After an hour I gave up and started using my wifes phone to debug and test. This phone has no problems and I can deploy to it just fine but I want my own phone to work again. I have no clue what has broken. I've deleted all leftover files from the ad-hoc install (using ES File Manager and Master Clean). I disabled and enabled USB debugging. I got the question for allowing adb to connect again and allowed it 'always from this computer'.

The command above hangs but just before that command the 'getprop' is executed and succeeds without any problems.

1>DEBUG RunShellCommand 1015faeb8a312a02 getprop
1>TASK: GetProperties getprop completed?:[audioflinger.bootsnd]: [0]
1>[boot.sfbootcomplete]: [0]
1>[dalvik.vm.appimageformat]: [lz4]
1>[dalvik.vm....
1>[BEGIN] Detecting installed packages
1>[MESSAGE] Detecting installed packages...
1>Detecting installed packages...
1>DEBUG RunShellCommand 1015faeb8a312a02 am broadcast -a "mono.android.intent.action.PACKAGE_VERSIONS" -e "packages" "Mono.Android.DebugRuntime,Mono.Android.Platform.ApiLevel_25,nl.natuurnetwerk.notifier" -n "Mono.Android.DebugRuntime/com.xamarin.mono.android.PackageVersions"