SignaturePad is showing Empty Panel on Android and No Canvas is showing to capture Signature

Hi,

I have installed SignaturePad.Forms nuget on PCL/ Platform specific projects, and SignaturePad nuget on Android/ iOS projects. However, SignaturePad is working fine on iOS, but not on Android as its not showing the Canvas panel it self and showing empty panel. When I was going through the references added in Android project, SignaturePad assembly is pointing to the assembly which is installed in ..\packages\Xamarin.Controls.SignaturePad.2.1.0\lib\Xamarin.iOS and not the MonoDroid assmebly.

This problem happens only when you want to use/install SignaturePad control on both iOS and Android platforms. And its only working on one platform and on others its just showing empty panel.

Please let me know the exact issue to correct it or fix it if its a nuget package issue.

Thanks,
Ramesh Majji

Answers

• RobertDurfeeRobertDurfee USMember ✭✭

We had this issue where it looked like it was an empty panel on Android, but actually the background color was the same as the ink color on Android. We fixed it by explicitly setting the background color. For some reason the default colors are different between the platforms.

• Ramesh.MajjiRamesh.Majji USMember
    edited June 2017

Hi Robert - Thanks for your reply.

I think, that might not be the case here.. as I am declaring Panel Background color, CaptionText, StrokeColor, StrokeWidth everything in Xamarin.Forms page and the properties should reflect in Android platform as well. Following is the code written in Xaml page and nothing is reflected (atleast CaptionText) on Android page and the complete Signature control looks like a white panel. Let me know if you have any clue about the issue.

<signature:SignaturePadView x:Name="PadView"
                                    HeightRequest="120" WidthRequest="520"
                                    BackgroundColor="White"
                                    CaptionText="Please Sign here" CaptionTextColor="Black"
                                    ClearText="" ClearTextColor="White"
                                    PromptText="" PromptTextColor="Black"
                                    SignatureLineColor="Maroon" StrokeColor="Black" StrokeWidth="4" />

Regards,
    Ramesh Majji

• BhautikBhautik Member ✭✭✭

@RobertDurfee said:
    We had this issue where it looked like it was an empty panel on Android, but actually the background color was the same as the ink color on Android. We fixed it by explicitly setting the background color. For some reason the default colors are different between the platforms.

In landscape mode signature is getting crop.so is there any way to implement signature pad in such a way that size of a signature does not crop in portrait or landscape?

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

@Bhautik

I see you posted the same question on a new thread. Please do not duplicate posts. Pick the best place to post your question, and post it there.

In this case you are necroposting, i.e. pulling up a thread that was more than 6 months old, in addition to your new question not being on topic with the thread (thread is about Signature pad not appearing on Android, your question is about the signature being cropped).

I am sinking this thread so it will not rise to the top again. Plus I answered your question on your the thread you started: https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/127880/how-to-implement-responsive-xamarin-controls-signaturepad-forms#latest