Forum Xamarin.iOS
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Admobs in Xamarin iOS using Xamarin Forms does not show ads for iPhone 7 running iOS 10.2

SupreetTare.9314SupreetTare.9314 GBUniversity ✭✭
edited June 2017 in Xamarin.iOS

Hi,
For some strange reason the Admob ads do not show up only on iPhone 7 & 7 plus using iOS 10.2 the error we get is

Domain=com.google.ads Code=1 "Request Error: No ad to show."

It works on all other iPhones & even iPads

We have posted this question on Google Groups

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-admob-ads-sdk/AXqjfNDFm2Q

but no support from them as Xamarin is not officially supported.
Can someone please shade some light on what could be wrong? We have been strugglisng to solve this for over 2 weeks now & our app is pending publish just because of this issue.

We followed James Monetomago's blog to implement Admob in iOS using Xamarin Forms.
motzcod.es/post/154696375922/xamarinforms-google-admob-ads-in-ios

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
ST

• SebastianKruseSebastianKruse USMember ✭✭✭

I implement AdMob this way in my Xamarin.Forms project: http://startdebugging.net/how-to-add-admob-to-your-xamarin-forms-app/

I don't know the difference but for me it works on any device.

• SupreetTare.9314SupreetTare.9314 GBUniversity ✭✭

Hi @SebastianKruse
    Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately the link to your blog is not working. Can you please cross check & share the correct one?

Thanks
    ST

It works for me so I guess your network connection is the problem. Maybe this is also the problem why the Ads do not load.

• SupreetTare.9314SupreetTare.9314 GBUniversity ✭✭

I should not be able to open this forum post & post answers too if my network was the issue :)

However this Ad is showing on all other devices, except for iPhone 7 where we get the google error with code 1 & message saying No Ad to display.

By any chance, did you try your app on an iPhone 7 with version 10.3.2 Installed?

@SupreetTare.9314 you should always add a "@Username" for your reply, otherwise the other person does not get an info about it. I just found this thread again because I was searching for another issue with Google AdMob but to answer your question: Yes, it works on every device for me. The only issue I have with AdMob if when you have more sites with ads and you switch the site before the Ad on the previous page was loaded, the next page will not display any Ads (I'm currently trying to fix this issue but I guess I have todo a bit more research for that). And about your network: It is possible to use one site but not being able to reach another. Also it is possible that one device can reach it and another can not. I'm working for a ISP so I have to deal with this stuff the whole day.