Emulator Will Not Load

Ever since, I changed the camera settings of the emulator, I have been having problems with Xamarin Studio. I have had to re-install Xamarin Studio and have now updated it.

In my latest attempt, I built the app, the emulator opens, but loading takes forever and the Android page only appears as though it is loading and that is it.

Can someone help me diagnose the problem and find a solution?

Also, someone made the comment that Visual Studio is the new platform for Mac. Do I need Visual Studio in order to run Xamarin Studio?

Tagged:

Answers

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USXamarin Team, University Xamurai

@PatrickStephane

you might try wiping the user data of the emulator. To do so, open the Android emulator Manager, select the emulator, then click "Start" button. In the dialog that opens select "Wipe user data" and then hit "OK". The emulator should launch in a clean state. Then close the emulator and load your solution into Xamarin Studio and try to deploy again.

If the above does not help, what error message are you getting if any? Also you may want to check the IDE logs. The Xamarin Studio log files can be found from Help -> Open Log Directory.

@PatrickStephane said:
    Also, someone made the comment that Visual Studio is the new platform for Mac. Do I need Visual Studio in order to run Xamarin Studio?

Visual Studio for Mac is basically Xamarin Studio rebranded with some added features. So no, you do not need both installed, just one or the other although you can have both installed. Visual Studio for Mac is the recommended IDE for using Xamarin on Mac moving forward.

• PatrickStephanePatrickStephane USMember ✭✭
    edited June 9

I wiped the user data and tried to build the app. I get the following error:

Error executing task XamlCTask: Task does not have property "DebugType" defined (Relate.Droid)

I have yet to follow the instructions on that thread, however, I ran the app again and got some new errors. I updated the target framework of the Android version to 7.1 and I still get an error, and this time, the emulator does not load:

"Error: Error executing task XamlCTask: Symbol file `/Users/rngnepi/relatexamarin/Relate/Relate/obj/Debug/Relate.dll.mdb' does not match assembly (Relate)"

edited June 19

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Delete the /Users/rngnepi/relatexamarin/Relate/Relate/obj folder and try again. This error is usually due to an outdated mdb file leftover in the obj/Debug directory from a previous build.

The android emulator window opens, but it still does not run. The android logo runs without loading the application.