Forum Xamarin.Android
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Creating a popup window on button click

AkhilioMAkhilioM USMember ✭✭

So I am pretty new to Xamarin, and I have a main page with 3 buttons. Each of those buttons opens a popup which displays one or two small images (depending on the popup) and a small sentence. Coding the layout of the popups itself is easy enough, but how does one cause the buttonClick to trigger the popup event? and would each popup have its own axml file or should this all be done in the Main.axml file ( which contains the 3 buttons and their formatting). I am specifically told that these buttons cannot open to new activities, and they should just appear as popup window that takes up the whole screen.

I was originally trying to use 3 fragments that would open on each button click, but I was not able to make it work and it seems like the popup window could accomplish a similar result that would meet my criteria.

Best Answers

Answers