Unity Game

MarsgamesMarsgames FRMember ✭✭
edited June 2017 in Xamarin.Forms

Hey,

I would like to make a mobile cross-platform game with Unity, but interface with Xamarin Forms.
I've seen on forums that it would potentially be possible to do this by using the Unity build as embedded resource in Xamarin.
Is it really doable, and has anyone ever tried this.

Cordially,
Marsgames.

• MarsgamesMarsgames FRMember ✭✭

(up)

• FranckHumanitasFranckHumanitas CAMember

Hello,

I am new to Xamarin but I have the same question.
    My company has been developing a 3D mapping application with Unity and Unity is the perfect plaform for that.
    But other than that we would like to develop other features more suited to Xamarin.
    Is this possible to launch our Unity app from Xamarin for Android and iOS?
    Is there a way to combine both worlds in one app? Maybe as Xamarin resources?
    Or launching the Unity process as a child process from Xamarin, and redirecting the Unity app's output to Xamarin?
    Not sure how to proceed though.

Thanks for your help.
    Franck

• rtwtrtwt DEMember
    edited October 2017

Hey followers,

i'am facing the same problem right now. I need to integrate a Unity Application (apk or iOS depend on the platform) to an existing Xamarin project. Starting it via an other Activity is not a option. I really need to integrate it with the smallest effort of rewriting code or libs.

So does anybody found something to help me to find an answer to this question?

Thanks for helping.

Best regards
    Rene

• penneywangpenneywang USMember

I really want to integrate Unity game engine with Xamarin. but it's not possible now.