Intellisense for Xamarin.Forms in VS2017

ClaudioMaggio.4482ClaudioMaggio.4482 USMember ✭✭
edited June 2017 in Visual Studio

Hello to everyone I have a problem with the intellisense for Xamarin.Forms, unfortunately it does not want to work. On the Internet, for Visual Studio 2015 I found several solutions to the problem, while for VS2017 no. Does any of you know how to solve this problem with Intellisense?

Thank you very much.

• prashantvcprashantvc USXamarin Team Xamurai

Could you elaborate the issue? What doesn't work?

• ClaudioMaggio.4482ClaudioMaggio.4482 USMember ✭✭

The problem is that when I try to write XAML code for the UI, the intellisense drop-down menu does not appear to suggest tags.

• PierceBogganPierceBoggan USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

@ClaudioMaggio.4482, could you please share your version information in Help -> About Microsoft Visual Studio? It's working fine for me over here on the Visual Studio 15.3 preview.

• RaymondArvidssonRaymondArvidsson SEMember ✭✭

I have same proeblem: Visual Studio 2017: 15.2 (26430.13).

Intellisense works sometimes. For example when I create a new project but after closin VS and load the Solution again the intellisense dies again. I managed to delete the Android project and then the Intellisense started. But not in all projects.

I have tried to open the xaml-files in different "programs" by right-click and open with. Doesn´t help.

It´s really frustrating.