Forum Cross Platform with Xamarin

Firebase Alternative or Support in Xamarin

I'm writing an Android and iOS app using Xamarin. I'd like to use Firebase(or something similar) for the database messaging, and analytics support but it's not officially supported. I've found some methods to use it such as this asynchronous .Net client library for Firebase and this guide.

Before going down this rabbit hole I wanted to ask the community if you have any recommendations for alternatives that I can implement while using Xamarin or any alternatives.

Answers

• MattExMattEx USMember

Sorry for the late response. This looks good for the db portion, though it seems to be lacking on the analytics side of things. Also, while the free version looks good to try it out $1500/month is way too pricy for me to start with. I need something that I can pay for usage or that has a cheaper tier.

Thanks again for the response though.

• EpifaniaPersonsEpifaniaPersons Member ✭✭

No doubt, Firebase could be a good option because it offers the feature of Google Analytics and it can help you in realtime messaging, but if you want any alternate which could work with Xamarine, then you should see Kuzzle. It also offers a realtime database and admin console. However, you can also see this article to explore alternatives of Firebase, which could support Xamarin.

In the same token, Azure is also an interesting choice for Xamarin. Yes, I am talking about Microsoft Azure and because of the open-source community, you can also find guides and other resources easily.

• EpifaniaPersonsEpifaniaPersons Member ✭✭

@EpifaniaPersons said:
    No doubt, Firebase could be a good option because it offers the feature of Google Analytics and it can help you in realtime messaging, but if you want any alternate which could work with Xamarine, then you should see Kuzzle. It also offers a realtime database and admin console. However, you can also see this article to explore alternatives of Firebase, which could support Xamarin.

In the same token, Azure is also an interesting choice for Xamarin. Yes, I am talking about Microsoft Azure and because of the open-source community, you can also find guides and other resources easily.

Moreover, I would also like to include Back4App and Kinvey as an alternative. Both offer push-up notification and real-time messaging opportunities, and you can also go with the free trial option if you want to check their compatibility with Xamarin. Probably, this article could also assist you in finding the right BaaS service or Firebase alternative for your Xamarin project.