Can't bind Cmd+Shift+F

BradRobinsonBradRobinson AUMember ✭✭✭

Hey all...

I was just going through Visual Studio Mac key bindings setting things up exactly as I like them and found I couldn't create a binding for Cmd+Shift+F (to Find In Files). The binding window shows the Cmd+Shift symbols but clears as soon as I hit the F key.

I thought perhaps some other app or system settings might be bound to that key, but can't find anything like that. Also, there doesn't appear to be any other conflicts in the key preferences. Cmd+Shift+[anyotherkey] works fine.

So... I manually edited the key bindings file and added it that way and it shows up in preferences now, but still doesn't work.

What I did notice though is if I hit Ctrl+F to bring up the Find Text popup, then press escape, then press Cmd+Shift+F it does work. If I then press escape in Find in Files and then press Cmd+Shift+F and again it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Brad

• prashantvcprashantvc USXamarin Team Xamurai

@BradRobinson this works as expected on our test machines. Could you verify if other apps are using it? (see: Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Keyboard)

• BradRobinsonBradRobinson AUMember ✭✭✭

Hi @prashantvc

Thanks for the quick answer. Not that I can see. Also, if other apps were using it then why would it work occasionally?

Also, forgot to mention, I'm running on the alpha channel (7.1 build 583) and on macOS Sierra (10.12.5) in case that makes a difference.

Brad

• prashantvcprashantvc USXamarin Team Xamurai

alpha channel (7.1 build 583)

This could be an issue. I was on stable build.
    Could you file a bug for this issue at https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/newbug