Xamarin Live Player: Failed to Resolve Assembly

capscaps PHMember

Hello,

My code runs perfectly when I run/deploy it in emulators/physical devices. However, when I run it in Xamarin Live Player. I'm getting this error. I followed all the instructions in the setup of XLP. Please let me know how can I resolve this issue. I really wanted to try this feature out.

Thank you

Posts

  • JamesMontemagnoJamesMontemagno USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

    If you do have a repo then please file a bug at: https://aka.ms/live-player-report-issue

    It could be because some of the references aren't compatible. Please tryout some of the samples to ensure that it can connect and deploy against working samples. https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/95400/samples-from-build-2017-sessions#latest

  • MounesSahibMounesSahib USMember ✭✭

    Also, the same is here .... any downloaded plugin can't work in Xamarin Live ....

  • Same here: After adding e.g. Mvvmlight to my project, it does not build anymore in the player.
    Build and Deploying directly to the device works fine.

  • CodeGrueCodeGrue USMember ✭✭

    It seems like Live Player is very limited if it cannot support any use cases other than a simple starter project structure.

  • CullenJCullenJ USMember ✭✭

    Let's be honest: Xamarin Live Player is useless for any real projects that are even slightly more complex than "Hello World".

    The only solutions are to either use Gorilla Player, or just debug your full app every time you update your xaml. Gorilla Player isn't perfect either, but at least it displays your xaml when you have third-party libraries in your project.

  • IrrealIrreal RSUniversity ✭✭✭

    @CullenLatitude said:
    Let's be honest: Xamarin Live Player is useless for any real projects that are even slightly more complex than "Hello World".

    The only solutions are to either use Gorilla Player, or just debug your full app every time you update your xaml. Gorilla Player isn't perfect either, but at least it displays your xaml when you have third-party libraries in your project.

    Try LiveXaml, in my opinion it is way better than Gorilla

    Xamarin Live Player is a joke.
    Has potential if James can find a way to build it into our own apps as a plugin, so that all the resources and 3rd party references are there, but until such time it is a joke.

  • CullenJCullenJ USMember ✭✭

    @Irreal said:
    Try LiveXaml, in my opinion it is way better than Gorilla

    Xamarin Live Player is a joke.
    Has potential if James can find a way to build it into our own apps as a plugin, so that all the resources and 3rd party references are there, but until such time it is a joke.

    Awesome! Thanks for the tip! I hadn't heard of LiveXaml before. It looks very promising! I'll give it a try.

  • pavanlpavanl Member ✭✭

    Same issue here.. its Nov 2018! Is the team awake or sleeping? Why has not been fixed. Looks like Xamarin is down the toilet.

  • JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

    @pavanl said:
    Same issue here.. its Nov 2018! Is the team awake or sleeping? Why has not been fixed. Looks like Xamarin is down the toilet.

    Live Player was only ever in preview, and to be honest it is pretty pointless (imo). Those resources are better spent elsewhere.
    Don't tar Xamarin with just 1 bad experience with getting a preview feature to work.

Sign In or Register to comment.