Join Xamarin University’s team of mobile experts for five demo-packed sessions, where you’ll get the step-by-step training, samples, and advice you need to deliver better apps – 100% in C#. Whether you’re just getting started or an experienced team lead, there’s something for everyone, with topics ranging from building your first cloud-connected game with SpriteKit to customizing your Xamarin.Forms UI to adding intelligent APIs with Machine Learning.
The series kicks off June 1st, with a new topic airing every Thursday in June. Each expert-led session is free and open to everyone – and the Xamarin University team will be on hand to answer your questions live.
- June 1, 9 am PDT | Introduction to Xamarin.Forms for Visual Studio 2017: Learn how to take your .NET skills mobile with Visual Studio 2017 and Xamarin.Forms. Jesse Dietrichson, a Xamarin University instructor, will show you how to use the latest Visual Studio features to maximize code re-usage and design, develop, and test fully native apps for Android, iOS, and Windows, faster than ever.
- June 8, 9 am PDT | Building games for iOS, macOS, and tvOS with Visual Studio and Azure: Create multiplayer games for the latest Apple devices, from iPhone to tvOS, with René Ruppert, Xamarin University instructor. He’ll teach SpriteKit basics, integration with cloud back-end services, and show you best practices for sharing C# game logic, UI, and infrastructure code cross-platform.
- June 15, 9 am PDT | SkiaSharp Graphics for Xamarin.Forms: Get serious about graphics with special guest and popular author, Charles Petzold. You’ll learn how to use SkiaSharp, powered by Google’s Skia graphics library, to extend your Xamarin.Forms apps with compelling 2D graphics.
- June 22, 9 am PDT | Customizing Xamarin.Forms UI: Embed native Android and iOS controls into your Xamarin.Forms apps. Join Rob Gibbens, Xamarin University training manager, to see how to integrate native controls and adjust visual properties unique to each platform – while still sharing the majority of your code. You’ll get the step-by-step guidance you need to take full advantage of the latest OS-specific UI patterns and designs.
- June 29, 9 am PDT | Introduction to Azure Machine Learning: Start integrating intelligence and predictive analytics into your apps. Jason DeBoever, Xamarin University instructor, will introduce Machine Learning fundamentals, get you started with Azure Machine Learning Studio, and demo how to easily build your first “smart” mobile app.