PCL Profile 44 in Xamarin Android with nuget

jorgenwsjorgenws USMember

Hi,

I have a nuget package for some common stuff at work. It is a PCL and it used to use profile 78. This works great!

Someone at work said that we could remove an anoying reference by moving to profile 44 and it seems to be supported based on this site: http://danrigby.com/2014/05/14/supported-pcl-profiles-xamarin-for-visual-studio-2/

If I use my common project as shared code. The app gets built fine. When I package it up in a nuget package it won't add it with the message "Could not install package 'MyCommonPackage 1.2.2'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets 'MonoAndroid,Version=v7.1', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author." As you see I am targeting Android 7.1. I have tried to target 7.0 too without any change.

The last time i got this error message it turned out that i was missing the SDK Platform for the relevant version of Android, but that is not the case this time.

I am using Visual studio 2015, but i tried it in Xamarin studio too (6.3 (863)).

And Xamarin.Android is at version:
Version: 7.3.1.1 (Xamarin Studio Community)
Supported Android versions:
7.0 (API level 24)
7.1 (API level 25)

Has anyone tried to work with PCL profile 44 with Xamarin.Android?
Anyone having similar issues?
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Answers

• JohnMangold.1595JohnMangold.1595 USMember

I'm having the same issue. We were using Profile7 but switched to Profile44 so we could update a 3rd party nuget package. After the switch installing the nuget pacakage to an Android project targeting 7.1 fails with the exact same error message you're getting. Did you ever figure this out? I'll post again if i find a solution.

• jorgenwsjorgenws USMember

Sorry, I never figured it out.

I have decided to share the project until we can move to dotnet standard.

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

I suspect the problem you are seeing is that Profile 44 was not, until recently, considered compatible with the Xamarin frameworks.

https://github.com/NuGet/Home/issues/5341

So whilst Xamarin supports this profile the NuGet client was not aware of this.