Xamarin Splash-screen with a Text Animation and Progress Indicator

N_BauaN_Baua INMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone have implemented the following in XF:

• Some XF animation (Transform-Slide-Scale) for a Label/Image or Both in splash screen?
    (I am not looking for custom renderer or platform specific stuff).

• Progress indicator which really shows how soon my application is going to load?
    (I am not looking for a looping animation which just rotates)

So in nutshell, When my application start, I want my application name (label/image) to slide in or scale in or some fancy animation, followed by the indicator just below the application name and should show me a real-time application loading progress.

Please see the below image for more clarification.

Please suggest your views.

Thanks,
N Baua

Best Answer

• N_BauaN_Baua IN ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I ended-up with normal splash screen. However when ever I'll have some time bandwidth, will try to add some animation which looks like a progress bar.

Answers

• AlanJonesRios.4721AlanJonesRios.4721 USMember
    edited October 2017

First, Xamarin Forms is loaded before any view. That means that you can't add a loading progress in the startup like its possible on Xamarin.Android.

Look this startup explanation:
    1- Android Activity (Only Code and Static Drawable or Themes... No animations or custom views here)
    2- Xamarin Forms (Views, Code,everything else)

But why?
    Because in a xamarin forms, your application stop look for axml to look for xamarin.forms View, so, you lose part of the control over the visual at the start.

So, you can make a loading, but not for tracking visually your app start, because it already have started when you can show a view. Its a limitation, and no work around found by me.

Was I clear? Because I know that is confusing.

• N_BauaN_Baua INMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I ended-up with normal splash screen. However when ever I'll have some time bandwidth, will try to add some animation which looks like a progress bar.

• XigmondXigmond USMember ✭✭✭

it maybe is a point the Xamarin Developers should notice...