Forum Xamarin.iOS

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Howto to pass multiple MTouchArch to msbuild

Hey,
I am building my Xamarin Forms app for iOS on a Mac using msbuild. I need to pass ARMv7 and ARM64 as the MTouchArch. How do I do this?

I tried:

/p:MtouchArch=ARMv7,ARM64
/p:MtouchArch=ARMv7;ARM64

in both cases, I get:

MSBUILD : error MSB1006: Property is not valid.
Switch: ARM64

If I specify only one MTouchArch, it works. So How do I do this?

Thanks!

Answers

• BytesGuyBytesGuy GBXamarin Team Xamurai

You might need to use quotes, e.g., /p:MtouchArch="ARMv7,ARM64"

• RudolfVonKrugsteinRudolfVonKrugstein DEMember ✭✭

@BytesGuy Hey, thanks!
    Unfortunately that also did not help.

• BytesGuyBytesGuy GBXamarin Team Xamurai

That is strange as I tried it locally and it worked for me! Can you provide your full command line?

• RudolfVonKrugsteinRudolfVonKrugstein DEMember ✭✭

Ok, strange ...

This is the full line:

msbuild /p:Configuration=AppStore /p:Platform=iPhone /p:OutputPath=bin/iPhone/AppStore/ /p:MtouchArch='ARMv7, ARM64' /p:CodesignProvision=Automatic:AppStore '/p:CodesignKey=iPhone Distribution' /p:CodesignEntitlements=Entitlements.plist /p:Optimize=True /p:ErrorReport=prompt /p:ConsolePause=False /p:MtouchDebug=False /p:BuildIpa=True /t:Rebuild OM_App.iOS.csproj
    Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 15.2.0.0 (xplat-2017-02/c2edfeb Fri May  5 09:45:23 EDT 2017)
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

MSBUILD : error MSB1006: Property is not valid.
    Switch:  ARM64