Allow us to disable XAML previewer

voidvoid DKBeta ✭✭✭

Please give us a setting where we can permanently disable the XAML previewer.

It does not work anyway, and with XAML components like the Telerik components I get a
"XamarinFormsPrevieweriOS quit unexpectedly" every 10 seconds or so; My solution for this annoyance is to drag this dialog box to the bottom of the screen and leave it there...

Best Answers

• voidvoid DK ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I added the issue/request. Thanks.

Answers

• voidvoid DKBeta ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I added the issue/request. Thanks.

• Pamelarios.2249Pamelarios.2249 USUniversity ✭✭

I have the same issue , it crash every 10 seconds

• xrmdevsxrmdevs Member

Yes I too have had this extremely frustrating issue. I'm using Visual Studio for Mac Enterprise edition version 7.3.2 (build 12 ) Unfortunately I cannot confirm whether this issue existed in the previous version. The error I'm receiving is XamarinFormsPrevieweriOS quit unexpectedly. When I click the "Report..." button to view the dump, it does not load it ever.

@JohnMiller I get this error regardless as to whether the previewer is open or not. Please let me know where I can try obtain any relevant debug information using this IDE. Thank you.

• JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@Pamelarios.2249 @xrmdevs

I was able to reproduce similar error dialogs and I logged a private bug for it. I found that the root cause of the error dialog was either a build error in the project (syntax error or similar) or code that the previewer is running that won't work within the previewer, thus causing an exception.

The solution to most of these headaches is the proposal I have for an API to determine if code is executing in the previewer.

• xrmdevsxrmdevs Member
    That’s great news @JohnMiller Thank you so much for your update.