Applications Crashing when deploying to Ad-Hoc Build using Test Flight

I'm stumped and hoping someone can give some insight. Here's my problem. When I attempt to login to two of my applications the app will crash. The apps (two of them) work fine if I deploy in a debug environment. They only crash when I deploy using Test Flight. I would like to note that I did successfully get Test Flight working and the apps previously used to not crash when I deployed, but I recently started messing with Certificates and Provisioning Profiles and what not and now both apps crash when I deploy using Test Flight. I've managed to capture the Console error since it only crashes when installed using Test Flight. I've attached that file. If anyone can give some insight on what I may have done wrong in these Test Flight Ad-Hoc Builds that would be great. The apps all crash on any device. I thought it was me messing with my certs and provisioning profiles, but I've re-done those 100 times and the app installs properly, launches properly, but when I go to do my 1st activity (Login) the app crashes. And only in the Ad-Hoc build. Works fine when the device is directly connected and built to it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• TonyVlahovicTonyVlahovic USMember ✭✭

I went ahead and attached the log file that I'm getting from another app that has the identical situation.

• DuaneLongDuaneLong USMember

I ran into the same issue today. My app would crash when deployed from TestFlight. It turned out the problem was this.

So if have any UIView.Animate code at start up it will crash the app. In my case I was animating a loading indicator.

• JamesMooreJamesMoore USMember ✭✭

One other thing to check is whether or not you're pushing a debug build to testflight. It'll crash immediately, and you'll see something like this in your log:

Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGKILL - CODESIGNING)
        Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
        Triggered by Thread:  0
        Thread 0 Crashed:
        0   dyld                           0x2beb3c52 ImageLoaderMachO::crashIfInvalidCodeSignature() + 74

I don't think this is Tony's problem though.

I actually found that if I did not have Debugging Enabled on my Ad-Hoc build it would crash. The app works fine if I'm deploying directly to a device, but if I deploy as Ad-Hoc and have Enable Debugging un-checked it will crash. Not sure why this is, if anyone has any ideas, but Test Flight said it wasn't there problem...

• RolfBjarneKvingeRolfBjarneKvinge USXamarin Team Xamurai

@TonyVlahovic: which version of Xamarin.iOS are you using? You can get the full version information from Xamarin Studio's About menu (click on Show Details).

Version 7.0.3.215 (Business Edition)
    Build Date: 2013-22-10

• folexfolex RUMember

Rolf, so, any help? How do I solve this problem?

P.S. Really tired of all bugs

I solved my issue in the configuration of the build in Xamarin Studio like mentioned above? What are you having issues with?

I actually found that if I did not have Debugging Enabled on my Ad-Hoc build it would crash. The app works fine if I'm deploying directly to a device, but if I deploy as Ad-Hoc and have Enable Debugging un-checked it will crash. Not sure why this is, if anyone has any ideas, but Test Flight said it wasn't there problem...

@TonlyVlahovic: does that happen with any app you create, or just one? Can you file a bug for it?

@folex: could you explain the problem you're running into?

It happens with any app I create. I'm OK though it kind of makes sense to me why it works the way it does and so I have no need to file any bug

• folexfolex RUMember
    edited February 2014

Rolf, here is the case:
    Build app in Debug to iOS Device. Upload, run, debugger connected, everything is good. But then if I try to run it without debugger, just by tapping on app icon in Spring, I get (SIGKILL - CODESIGNING).

Here is full device log http://pastie.org/8730742

Release, Ad Hoc (debug and release), AppStore works fine on device.
    Everything works fine on simulator, including Debug.

@folex: did you check "Enable incremental builds" in the project's iOS Build options?

• folexfolex RUMember

Rolf, yes. And now I've read info of it. I'm sorry, it's my fault.
    But what did you do, so it went to CODESIGN error? codesign verification looks good and everything else looks good. It just crashes on sqlite dylib loading. I would be glad to hear explanation of what lead to this exact error. Thanks in advance.

Btw, maybe you'll look at this, and say me that I'm doing something wrong there too?
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=16400

Thanks once again.