ClassNotFoundException when rendering axml file

PhilippeTPhilippeT FRMember ✭✭

Hi,

This bug is random (non systematic)

I regularly get this error when trying to display a layout (axml) in design mode:

ERROR: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: mono.android.D3DImageFactory
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
INFO: No indirect rendering available
INFO: Changing layoutlib, from 0 to 25

The designer load indefinitely the axml file... and nerver renders it.

When the bug occurs, then rendering doesn't work anymore, even on the simpliest layout in the world.

Here is my configuration :

Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2017
Version 15.2 (26430.6) Release

Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.6.01586

Xamarin.Android SDK 7.3.0.13 (448f54f)
Xamarin.Android Reference Assemblies and MSBuild support.

• BradTrebilcockBradTrebilcock USMember
    edited May 18

I have the exact same issue, same config. I have been struggling with this as well for a few days now. My project is a Cross-Platform (PCL). If I create a new project same dependencies, it works. Something with the existing project has broken, frustrating.

• BryanJBryanJ USMember

I have this as well except it is systematic. It happens 100% of the time even from a fresh install and simply trying to open a Main.axml from the blank android app in the designer. I've reinstalled multiple times now, stepped through the install component by component and used sdk manager to update packages 1 by 1 in hopes of figuring this out but I'm out of ideas.

I also spent some time looking in the github repo's for the reference to D3DImageFactory but turned up nothing. I'm new to Xamarin so I'm not sure what to look for exactly. I did find it odd that the MonoAndroid version being picked up is v1.0 but maybe that's expected?

[I:]: Found Xamarin.Android 7.3.0.13
    [I:sdk]: Runtime path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android
    [I:sdk]: Framework path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\ReferenceAssemblies\Microsoft\Framework\MonoAndroid\v1.0
    [I:sdk]: Key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Xamarin\VisualStudio\15.0_185bbaf8\Android\AndroidSdkDirectory found:
    Path contains adb in \platform-tools (C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk).
    [I:sdk]: Key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Xamarin\VisualStudio\15.0_185bbaf8\Android\AndroidNdkDirectory found:
    Path contains ndk-stack in . (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\AndroidNDK64\android-ndk-r13b).
    [I:sdk]: Key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Xamarin\VisualStudio\15.0_185bbaf8\Android\JavaSdkDirectory found:
    Path contains jarsigner.exe in \bin (C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_131).
    [I:]: Found Android SDK. API levels: 23, 25

• PhilippeTPhilippeT FRMember ✭✭

@ BryanJ,

I did find it odd that the MonoAndroid version being picked up is v1.0 but maybe that's expected?

Yes.

I have this as well except it is systematic. It happens 100% of the time even from a fresh install.

Outch... For my part, i just have to relaunch Visual Studio (and maybe remove .vs and obj folders). So it's ok....
    And i work with jdk1.8.0_121 (64 bits) (only difference with your conf).

Have you try to relaunch your computer ?
    Have you try the visual studio preview ?

PS : maybe, you should skin you layout on Android Studio. Xml Syntax is 100% compatible, so...
    Good luck