Forum Xamarin.Forms

Adds a unified approach Write once and compile for various platforms without any code change

IsaqueNevesIsaqueNeves USMember ✭✭

Summary

I think it would be great for developers if Xamarin adds a unified approach to multi-platform development, that is. "Write once and compile for various platforms without any code change", approach that Embarcadeiro follows, unfortunate to Embarcadeiro is sinning in several aspects; Such as the use of outdated language like Objective Pascal (Delphi) and C ++, not to mention that Embarcadeiro does not have a good IDE and does not have an XML-based language for defining the graphical interface. If Embarcadero places a language such as C # or Java in the Pipeline and an XML-based language for defining the graphical interface, Embarcadero would be the best alternative for multi-platform development

API Changes

Intended Use Case

Tagged:

Rejected · Last Updated

This suggestion is both unclear and likely outside of the scope of this forum.

• JoeMankeJoeManke USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

First, I really don't think this is the right forum for this post.

Second, I don't understand what you're saying. What about Xamarin.Forms is not already "a unified approach to multi-platform development, that is. 'Write once and compile for various platforms without any code change'"? The fact that you need a small amount of platform-specific startup and renderer code?

This discussion has been closed.