Xamarin Live Player - iOS - Foundation.ModelImplementationNotFound

stan_brstan_br BRMember ✭✭

Hello guys.
I'm testing the new Xamarin Live Player, but it seems that is not working using PCL Projects.

I created a new one (Hello Xamarin) using PCL and tried to use on my iPhone and got the error Foundation.ModelImplementationNotFound.

But if I try to create the same project using Shared, the app runs inside the iPhone (Fast. I mean, really fast).

Do you know where the error is coming from?

Thanks!

• JamesMontemagnoJamesMontemagno USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

This has already been report with PCLs and a new app update has been submitted already.

• ChrisAnderson.0966ChrisAnderson.0966 USMember ✭✭
    Was this a bug fix with the Xamarin Live iOS app? Just wondering if I'm waiting for a Visual Studio update to show up or a Xamarin Live update.
  • JamesMontemagnoJamesMontemagno USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

Inside the iOS app

Any idea when this is going to get updated?
    > @Irreal said:
    > It's taking awfully long to review the new iOS version??? What's happening? :)
    >
    > Any info on when we can expect a new update for the VS extension as well?
    >
    > Please, please don't let this have the same fate as the xaml previewer. Almost as if it's created just for a presentation.

Yeah... Over two weeks later and still no update. All my apps use PCLs, so this is useless to me without this fix.
  • ConnorMeeksConnorMeeks USMember

It sounds like in order to fix this Foundation.ModelImplementationNotFound for PCLs, we are going to need an update. Any Xamarin developers or Xamarin fans know when this update will appear???

@ConnorMeeks said:
    It sounds like in order to fix this Foundation.ModelImplementationNotFound for PCLs, we are going to need an update. Any Xamarin developers or Xamarin fans know when this update will appear???

That's what I've been wondering. Almost four weeks ago we were told it was already submitted (the second post in this thread). And just yesterday Tim Cook said Apple's app reviews are taking less time than ever. Sometimes they're done in just a matter of hours.

Obviously somebody isn't telling us the truth.

I will keep everyone updated on the updates and you can expect a forum post when the new build is posted.

• gokhansahangokhansahan TRMember ✭✭

@ConnorMeeks said:

@JamesMontemagno said:
    I will keep everyone updated on the updates and you can expect a forum post when the new build is posted.

Can we have an expected release date for this update? A few days from now? a few weeks from now? a few months? years? CENTURIES? MILLENNIUMS???

Xamarin has been in pending updates for a month now. Apple shouldn't take that long to overview your update.

Just wondering :smiley:

THERE IS STILL NO UPDATE

• JohnHairJohnHair GBMember ✭✭✭✭

@gokhansahan yes there is, as @JamesMontemagno said above he would have a new forum post when there was an update.
    https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/98529/join-the-xamarin-live-player-app-alpha-program#latest

• davidyardydavidyardy USUniversity

Using latest vs.net 15.4 and default new application from templates with IOS live player (ipad) and getting Foundation.ModelImplementationNotFound error message. Seems like this error/issue has been around a while...i am looking for solution now..ideas?

• gregmatthewsgregmatthews GBMember ✭✭

Ditto - just finished the Android version, where I had to drop Liveplayer, but until I get a MAC here to build a release version of the app, then LivePlayer is my only option to start development. So far no sample iOS code from Xamarin seems to work, just getting that Foundation.ModeNotImplementedException error. @JamesMontemagno - what's the latest?

• RussHardieRussHardie USMember

October 9th. Still getting this error on PCL projects!

• DanielMezaDanielMeza COMember

I got this error too! on the 15.4 release.

• So is Live Player a dead project? It's never been updated in the app store. It hasn't worked since the beta release, and it still doesn't work with the 15.4 release.

• jamessmith.2438jamessmith.2438 USMember ✭✭

i got this error too! on 15.4 too! Why my live player shows different from the one shown on video???? But no updates from app store????

• ataraxiaataraxia USMember

Just installed Live Player on Android, paired up with VS2017 and I have this same issue :(

• JonasRembrattJonasRembratt SEUniversity ✭✭

October 22 and I finally came around to try the LivePlayer. This is what I find:
    PCL and .NET standard libs doesn't work at all. PCL yields the same error in the Player everyone has already reported. .NET standard libs throws exception in the Studio (15.4.1): AppDelegate.cs: The type of namespace name "'App' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference)?

Also, when I start a debug session in a shproj breakpoints doesn't work at all.

Like others have alread pointed out: What is going on with the LivePlayer project?

• Getting the same Foundation.ModeNotImplementedException error when debugging on my iphone through the Live Player, but can't see any details of the exception. Anyone know how to view the log? The log in the app doesn't give any information.

• JDSweetJDSweet USMember

Getting Foundation.ModeNotImplementedException error on iPhone trying to use Live Player using PCL. Android seems to work nicely just not using the iPhone. Noticed on the video using a different version of Live Player for IOS demo, UI looks more like Android, is there any version updates coming soon for IOS to get fixed?

• AndrewJones.9899AndrewJones.9899 GBMember
    edited November 7

I'm new to IOS development (although an experienced C# programmer). I tried to create a "Cross Platform App (Xamarin)" in Visual Studio 2017 V15.4.2 and debugging with Xamarin Live on my iPhone 7 (as I don't have a Mac). I'm disappointed to see that the most basic template application (generated by Visual Studio) fails with a Foundation.ModelNotImplementedException. How is anyone supposed to use this if even the basic template fails? I notice people have been reporting this error since May...is there any hope of a fix? If so when?

• JohnHairJohnHair GBMember ✭✭✭✭

@andrewjones.9899 have you signed up for the TestFlight version? The app is in beta/preview, that's the only way to get the latest version.

• BryanWhatleyBryanWhatley USMember

Any news yet on the TestFlight or update?