I've just updated Xamarin Studio to the latest stable builds and now my app won't compile

Hey there,

I've just updated Xamarin Studio, Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.iOS and Mono Framework to the latest stable release from being on Xamarin Studio 6.2.1 and the associated builds that were released with that, and upon doing this update when I now try to compile my app I'm getting an error telling me that Icon-Small-40.png cannot be found.

/Users/x/Documents/myapp/Resources/Images.xcassets/AppIcons.appiconset/Icon-Small-40.png: Error: File not found: /Users/x/Documents/Mercia-Tax-App/myapp/Resources/Images.xcassets/AppIcons.appiconset/Icon-Small-40.png (myapp.iOS)

I haven't changed any of the assets that were previously there so i'm not really sure why this error is occuring. Within the ACTool log it has these:

Resources/Images.xcassets/AppIcons.appiconset/Icon.png
Resources/Images.xcassets/AppIcons.appiconset/Icon.png
Resources/Images.xcassets/AppIcons.appiconset/Icon-60.png
Resources/Images.xcassets/AppIcons.appiconset/Icon-Small.png
Resources/Images.xcassets/AppIcons.appiconset/Icon-Small.png
Resources/Images.xcassets/AppIcons.appiconset/Icon-Small-40.png

Straight after the Contents.json, none of which I have files set up for. I do have files for the associated sizes, just simply under different names. Has the latest update enforced a certain naming structure? Or is this something I can fix without having to rename files etc?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Tagged:

Best Answer

  • henry.6434henry.6434 USMember
    Accepted Answer

    I've now solved this it turned out my csproj referenced these files and for some reason the previous version of Xamarin allowed it where as the new version didn't so i've now deleted these references from the csproj to solve the issue.

Answers

  • henry.6434henry.6434 USMember
    Accepted Answer

    I've now solved this it turned out my csproj referenced these files and for some reason the previous version of Xamarin allowed it where as the new version didn't so i've now deleted these references from the csproj to solve the issue.

  • JohnWilson.4976JohnWilson.4976 AUMember ✭✭

    This solved it for me as well, turned out I had a slightly different problem.

    The files I had were under Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset, but my .csproj file had them listed twice, once under

    Images.xcassets/AppIcons.appiconset AND under

    Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset

    Deleting the references to the AppIconS version fixed it for me. I have no idea why both were in there, because I've only done that 'migration' step from info.plist once.

Sign In or Register to comment.