How to add files to the sd card in the emulator

My Android app needs to read files from the sd card. Is there any way to add files to the sd card folder in the visual studio emulator? If yes, how?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are using VS Emulator for Android then click on the double-angle-arrows and check in the 'SD Card' tab.

• computermauscomputermaus DEMember ✭✭
    edited May 2017

When I start my app with the VisualSTudio_android_23_x86_tablet emulator then I have no arrows I have only 3 dots at the right side and in the menu I can see alot of stuff but no sd card tab.

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@computermaus Sorry, I was referring to VS Emulators for Android. Are you using VS2017 Community Edition? It appears the Community Ed doesn't have VS Emulator for Android. If you can get them, that will be the best.

• computermauscomputermaus DEMember ✭✭

Thank you for your reply I found a way with the device monitor which works for me by now :-)

• lordbarbalordbarba Member

@computermaus said:
    Thank you for your reply I found a way with the device monitor which works for me by now :-)

Which way, please? Can you share your solution, please?
    Thanks
    Leo

• DidsDids FIMember ✭✭

@lordbarba said:

@computermaus said:

Which way, please? Can you share your solution, please?
    Thanks
    Leo

You can use the Device Monitor to upload files to the emulator's storage.

• lordbarbalordbarba Member

It seems not working with VS2017...I've tried with Device Monitor, but it stucks and it does not show anything