Forum Xamarin Test Cloud (Read Only)

Unable to upload and test in Xamarin Test Cloud.

Hi all, I'm new-bee to xamarin UI Test, and learning and practicing.

I have added UITest to my xamarin.iOS project. I have added the AppIntiliazer class and .ipa file. I can test my test cases on simulator but unable to upload to Xamarin Test Cloud sue to this error. When I try to upload to Xamarin Test Cloud, I am getting this error. Also, used NUnit 2.6.4.

/Users/lexushitachi/Downloads/CreditCardValidator.iOS/CreditCardValidator/CreditCardValidator.csproj(1,1): Error: Unknown MSBuild failure. Please try building the project again (CreditCardValidator)

Can you please help me with this issue?

Thank you..!!

Best Answers

Answers

• Yes. I ma using Xamarin Studio for Mac.
    It's a Forms PCL app.

Still I am not able to solve this issue. Any proper step by step suggestion?

Thank you for feedback.

• Kent.GreenKent.Green USXamarin Team Xamurai

Unfortunately the only workaround I'm aware of is submitting tests via the command line. See this guide for details: https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/testcloud/uitest/working-with/submitting-tests-at-command-line/

If you log into the Test Cloud website, and select the button "New Test Run", at the end of the wizard you can copy a prototype command line based on your selections in the wizard (such as devices to run on, locale etc.).

It will be mostly constructed but you'll have to modify it to use the paths to the Xamarin.UITest package you're using, your IPA or APK, and the path to the folder containing the .dlls of the tests you've written.

• PR_XamarimPR_Xamarim USMember ✭✭
    edited May 2017

Run in your mac Terminal:-
    mono "test-cloud.exe Path" submit "PATH IPA"
    "TEAMAPIKEY" --devices="DEVICES"
    --assembly-dir="PATH TESTASSEMBLYDIR"
    --user="EMAIL"

• PR_XamarimPR_Xamarim USMember ✭✭

Put following path in your Mac Terminal:-
    mono <test-cloud.exe Path> submit <yourAppFile.ipa Path> --devices db134rr7
    --series "master" --locale "en_US" --user --assembly-dir pathToTestDllFolder

• Kent.GreenKent.Green USXamarin Team Xamurai

@PRPatel You had some duplicated comments that I deleted.

More generally, you (or others) can log into testcloud.xamarin.com and select "New Test Run" to use a wizard to select your options for the Test Cloud (such as devices). At the end you'll be presented with a prototype command line that includes your specific information, like the --devices argument based on your selection, your Test Cloud API Key, & your email address.

It can't auto-generate everything though, so you'll have to fill in some of the remaining arguments.

See Also: https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/testcloud/uitest/working-with/submitting-tests-at-command-line/