Missing ExpandedControllerActivity Under Android.Gms.Cast.Framework.Media.Widget

SAthukoraleSAthukorale USMember ✭✭
edited April 2017 in Xamarin.Android

I am trying to develop an android application, which is using the Google Cast SDK (v3) to play videos on Chromecast devices. For this I am following the tutorial over at Google Cast Docs, and as of now I am able to play videos on the Chromecast. One of the steps is to extend the ExpandedControllerActivity class to create a playback control sort-of activity. From what it seems, the class should be under the Android.Gms.Cast.Framework.Media.Widget namespace, but I can only find IControlButtonsContainer and MiniControllerFragment under it.

I am not sure whether I am looking at the wrong place or whether this is not implemented at all. If the class is not yet implemented, is there a way that I can implement it myself.

Best Answer

• SAthukoraleSAthukorale US ✭✭
    edited May 2017 Accepted Answer

In search for a solution, I downloaded Xamarin's GooglePlayServicesComponents repository and checked whether the built, project/solution has the generated file (ExpandedControllerActivity) in it. And to my surprise, the file didn't exist. So after some further experimentation, I was able to get the file generated and all I had to do was to add some missing references. I have filed an issue on Github with the fix included.

Answers

• SAthukoraleSAthukorale USMember ✭✭
    edited May 2017 Accepted Answer

In search for a solution, I downloaded Xamarin's GooglePlayServicesComponents repository and checked whether the built, project/solution has the generated file (ExpandedControllerActivity) in it. And to my surprise, the file didn't exist. So after some further experimentation, I was able to get the file generated and all I had to do was to add some missing references. I have filed an issue on Github with the fix included.