ARCGis having two maps on two pages, second page shows both maps

I have an ArcGIS map page that works just fine. From that page the user navigates to a new content page using PushModalAsync. On that new page I create a new map and a new MapView and add that to a grid which is my content.

The problem is in the space on the screen where the first map existed that intersects with where the new map is supposed to be I see the old map "on top" of the new map. I cannot interact with the old map but can interact with the new map. See pics below of the first page zoomed into the lake and the second page showing the full earth extent and the lake map.

Some things to note:
If I set the old map to IsVisible = false before the PushModalAsync it still shows on the new page. At that point if I go back (PopModalAsync) to the first map page the map will not be visible (as expected). If at that point I PushModalAsync again to my new map page I still see the same effect even. It's as if rendering one map renders all maps.

I've confirmed it's related to the first page by not adding it to the content of the first page in which case the 2nd page looks fine.

Thoughts?

First Page

Second page

Answers

• WestonMartinWestonMartin USUniversity ✭✭

I am currently having the same issue. Were you able to find a solution to this?

• AlejandroSeguraAlejandroSegura USMember ✭✭

@WestonMartin said:
    I am currently having the same issue. Were you able to find a solution to this?

I have not found any solution except to try to lay my maps out so that they do not intersect. Really lame.

Another interesting development here.

I setup my pages so that the two maps do not intersect.

If I go to another page (from inside the Map section, after having 2 maps rendered), then in some instances BOTH maps show up. I am using RoxVideo view to play videos. If I pull up another page then both maps will sit on top of the Video and I'll only be able to see a small slice of the video that 'lives' between the two maps.

However if I open up an image, in the same process, then the image takes up the full screen and no maps interfere.

I have no idea how the inner-workings are at play here but it seems like Xamarin, when navigating to a new Content Page, does not paint over everything on the previous page. Either that or ArcGIS is somehow overriding this, in some instances.

A really lame and frustrating bug.

edited August 2017

A screenshot of the behavior when using RoxVideo. This does not happen if I use an Image. I am putting the Video inside of a stack and setting the content of the page to the stack. I also tried setting the Content of a ScrollView to the Stack, and setting the Content of the Page to the ScrollView, same result.