Problem with OAuth Client creation in Google API project

I am trying to publish (Google Play) a minor update to an existing app that was last updated in August 2016. I am following the instructions in Xamarin's Part 3 Google Play Publish, created a Google API project and OAuth Client. The OAuth Client is created ok but when I then click on 'View in Google Developers Console' I get an error:

Failed to load service accounts.

Tracking Number: c859244513

Send feedback

AFAIK, I don't need a service account for my app. Nothing about service accounts in the Part 3 instructions. Trying to proceed anyway, I get an error when registering Google API Access in the VS2015 window. So back to fixing the first error. What is the "Failed to load service accounts" error about? I can't find much about it. Thanks in advance to anybody for any help on this.

Answers

• moljacmoljac HRBeta ✭✭✭

I would ask google support.

This is from VS (IDE). Maybe integrated browser has some problems. It is most likely based on IE or Edge, so try opening google from those browsers and see if you have the same error.

• JeanJacobsenJeanJacobsen USMember ✭✭

Thanks moljac. I did ask google support. Meanwhile, I followed the ad hoc distribution method and was able to upload a new APK manually. Still, it would be nice to know why this didn't work. Patience.