Forum Xamarin.iOS

Missing AVMetadataItem implementation, sevearly blocking work

Hi All,
I just tried talking to support about this issue but they were incredibly rude and unhelpful refusing to direct me to somebody that could actually help, disgraceful given my company pays for support. This never happened before Microsoft took over :(
So I bring the issue to the forums in the hope that a xamarin dev will see this and help me out of my struggle. The issues is as simple as the title makes out, I went to use the AVMetadataItem class for injecting metadata into a video however the class has simply not been implemented (well each property throws a not implemented exception). It is required to continue work on the project I am currently doing so it's costing a lot of resources until it's solved.

Hopefully somebody can help.
Regards,
Andy Adshead

Best Answer

• AndyA_CosworthAndyA_Cosworth GBMember
    edited April 2017 Accepted Answer

@JohnMiller said:
    @AndyA_Cosworth,

Sorry to hear of the poor experience! I'll DM you for more info on that...

In the meantime, can you share a snippet of code you are using and what the exact error message is? Are you trying to use these? https://developer.xamarin.com/api/type/MonoTouch.AVFoundation.AVMetadataItem/

Hi,
    I will respond to your message about the service. Onto the issue at hand, I managed to work out what has happened. Simply put where I was using AVMetadataItem you have to use AVMutableMetadataItem. What I don't understand is:

• why there is "not implemented exceptions" being thrown by the non mutable version;
    • why the non mutable version isn't an interface.
    • why this isn't stated in the xamarin docs somewhere

I still have work to do as the next step is timed metadata. Regardless hopefully the above helps somebody out.

Answers

• JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@AndyA_Cosworth,

In the meantime, can you share a snippet of code you are using and what the exact error message is? Are you trying to use these? https://developer.xamarin.com/api/type/MonoTouch.AVFoundation.AVMetadataItem/

• AndyA_CosworthAndyA_Cosworth GBMember
    edited April 2017 Accepted Answer

@JohnMiller said:
    @AndyA_Cosworth,

Hi,
    I will respond to your message about the service. Onto the issue at hand, I managed to work out what has happened. Simply put where I was using AVMetadataItem you have to use AVMutableMetadataItem. What I don't understand is:

• why there is "not implemented exceptions" being thrown by the non mutable version;
    • why the non mutable version isn't an interface.
    • why this isn't stated in the xamarin docs somewhere

I still have work to do as the next step is timed metadata. Regardless hopefully the above helps somebody out.