Xamarin ios not updating entitlements in xamarin studio.

I have App ID and Provision Profile properly set. But Entitlements.plist file not able to find App ID.

Error is : "An App ID with identifier 'xxxx' is not available. Please enter different string."

I have tried with many different different identifier for iCloud and Data Protection option. but same error always.

Please help me since because of this I am not able to proceed with any entitlement in the Project.

I have latest Xamarin studio and all other component version till today.
Xamarin studio : 6.3 (build 863)

I have installed fastlane and Added Apple accounts to xamarin studio preference.

Answers

• BytesGuyBytesGuy GBXamarin Team Xamurai

Where are you seeing this error. Is it at build time or when you try to upload to the App Store via Application Loader?

• MiteshMehta.1115MiteshMehta.1115 USMember ✭✭

Not build time. When I click on option in the entitlements.plist file to enable the feature.

Anyone have faced the same issue? It seems the Xamarin studio editor bug. and Mainly for Data Protection option.
    I think Entitlements.plist file should simply write specific string entry rather than checking for AppID when enable/disable option in the file.

I had tried with Visual studio mac preview too but it does not have Data Protection option at all.

• MoeVanDanMoeVanDan USMember
    edited May 5

Hi there,
    I think, I recently faced the same issue. I tried to enabled Push Notifications in Entitlements.plist, enabled Background Processes in the info.plist file beforehand, but got the mentioned error.

An App ID with Identifier 'com.example.appname' is not available. Please enter a different string.

When I rename my Bundle Identifier inside the info.plist in Xamarin Studio and enable Push Notifications, a new AppID gets generated inside the Apple Developer Platform.

Also I'm able to receive Push Notifications when creating the app in debug mode, also I haven't enabled Push Notifications via the Entitlement.plist and reference it in the entry "Custom Entitlements" under "iOS Bundle Signing" inside the iOS Project Options.

I have updated fastlane to the current version (2.28.8 at the time) and also am running Xamarin Studio 6.3 (Build 863).

• AndresRRAndresRR ESMember

Hi,
    I have been facing the same issue since i update Xamarin Studio to the last release (fastlane update too).
    I can't add push or iCloud capabilities.

Any news about that?

• romkatzromkatz ILMember ✭✭

I've faced the same problem while trying to enable app groups. Do I need to change and recreate my Bundle ID? Is this Xamarin bug? Any news?

• 4x2bit4x2bit RUMember

Have exactly the same issue.

• RobbieElliottRobbieElliott USMember ✭✭
    edited June 22

Same issue when selecting "Enable iCloud" on the Entitlements.plist view. Just installed the latest fast lane and my account shows up in the team field on the info.plist view as expected. Just cannot edit the Entitlements.plist via the GUI.

• MarcoRossi.1122MarcoRossi.1122 USMember

Does anyone solved this issue?

No. I did not found any solution from Xamarin.

What I did is, Enabled capability in Xcode in Test project and then copied raw text from entitlements.plist file to xamarin ios .plist file.

Data Protection is not working as expected for me but it may help for other functionalities.

• MarcoRossi.1122MarcoRossi.1122 USMember

Hi, Mitesh. I'm new with XCode... Coul'd you, please, give me directions?

Plist is normal text File. You can open it with any text editor. i.e. Notepad in windows and TextEdit in MacOS.

Create a new test project in Xcode and enable capabilities for build target. It will add some text to entitlements.plist file. Then copy it to your xamarin project entitlements.plist file with any text editor.

• edited August 28

I'm also facing the same issue, Initially, I was not able to enable push notification in entitlements. Then I deleted the bundle id from developer portal. Then I tried the same it worked. However, when I build the application in debug/release mode the application is not getting installed in the device.

It gives an error saying the entitlements are not matching with the provisioning profile but I cross check the profile and entitlement both the configurations were same.

I was able to archive a sample application directly via XCode with the same provisioning profile, bundle id, same capabilities and able to install the build in the device, but it is not working via Xamarin studio.

• edited August 29

Finally, I found it, the Xamarin Studio converts the bundle-id to lowercase when building the app & synching the bundle ID for the entitlement configurations.

So the following are the fixes, it worked for me.

• GUI is not working all times for configuring the settings in entitlements file.
    • As described by RobbieElliotte above, need to use text editor for updating the entitlements, (GUI will not reflect the changes, even after that)
    • App bundle id should be all in lower case. (With upper case character, the app will not install on the device when you have push notification enabled.)