Forum General

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Xamarain error

AnamuUenishiAnamuUenishi USMember ✭✭

Hello, i was following the tutorial on how to publish your app to the app store. I am right at the end now trying to deliver my app. It says that the archive workflow in Xamarin Studio will automatically open or something

It said this will automatically open so you can deliver you app to the iTunes connect but unfortunately it hasn't so is there a manually way to open this page through xamarain.

Please help me

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• AnamuUenishiAnamuUenishi USMember ✭✭

@JohnHair said:
    @AnamuUenishi
    Did you select a release configuration and then select the Build | Publish menu options on your project? This works every time for me.
    Next, can you please remember that the product is called Xamarin, not xamarain. It hurts my eyes when I see that ;)

I have just done everything in Xcode then realized right now so i don't think i can redo the archiving. Would it glitch something. Or can i redo everything when i have already archived it and pressed publish in itunes connect.

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

If I am understanding you correctly, then yes you can archive as many times as you want. But your example above hasn't gotten as far as iTunes Connect, you still need to do the upload. I would try again, using the menu options I suggested above in Xamarin Studio.

@JohnHair said:
    @AnamuUenishi
    Did you select a release configuration and then select the Build | Publish menu options on your project? This works every time for me.
    Next, can you please remember that the product is called Xamarin, not xamarain. It hurts my eyes when I see that ;)

I have just done everything in Xcode then realized right now so i don't think i can redo the archiving. Would it glitch something. Or can i redo everything when i have already archived it and pressed publish in itunes connect. > @JohnHair said:

If I am understanding you correctly, then yes you can archive as many times as you want. But your example above hasn't gotten as far as iTunes Connect, you still need to do the upload. I would try again, using the menu options I suggested above in Xamarin Studio.

Thank you

@JohnHair said:

Also in the publishing tutorial on Xamarin there is a bit about Customizing the IPA Location. Do i have to do this step, is it not optional or can i just skip thus step and continue the tutorial.