Forum Xamarin.Android

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

java.exe exited with 1

negazirnegazir USMember ✭✭

I'm using vs 2017 and xamarin.forms.
I'm getting the error "java.exe exited with 1" in the release mode with ProGuard turned on. (in the debug & without proguard its doing fine) It's a common question, i know , but i've tried all the variants and it still doesnt work.
1.tried to update proguard to 5.3 version manualy
2.to update jdk 8, to install either x64 or x86 or both
3.to change the java memory to 1g , 4g, 500 m
4.to turn on multi-desk
5. to edit the proguard-android.txt by adding :smile:
-keep class com.google.android.gms.** { *; }
-dontwarn com.google.android.gms.** (These just ignore proguard, google play doesnt accept it.)

ANY OTHER VARIANTS HERE?

my error

com.google.android.gms.gcm.GcmNetworkManager: can't find referenced method 'java.lang.Object zzb(java.lang.Object,java.lang.Object)' in program class com.google.android.gms.common.internal.zzu
there were 3 unresolved references to program class members.
com.google.android.gms.gcm.GcmNetworkManager: can't find referenced method 'void zzb(boolean,java.lang.Object)' in program class com.google.android.gms.common.internal.zzu
there were 1 unresolved references to library class members.
com.google.android.gms.gcm.Task$Builder: can't find referenced method 'void zzb(boolean,java.lang.Object)' in program class com.google.android.gms.common.internal.zzu
com.google.android.gms.gcm.zza: can't find referenced method 'void setLatestEventInfo(android.content.Context,java.lang.CharSequence,java.lang.CharSequence,android.app.PendingIntent)' in library class android.app.Notification Letai.Droid

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi, same error here with vs 2017 and proguard 5.3.3

2>PROGUARD : warning : com.google.android.gms.gcm.GcmNetworkManager: can't find referenced method 'java.lang.Object zzb(java.lang.Object,java.lang.Object)' in program class com.google.android.gms.common.internal.zzu
    2>PROGUARD : warning : com.google.android.gms.gcm.GcmNetworkManager: can't find referenced method 'void zzb(boolean,java.lang.Object)' in program class com.google.android.gms.common.internal.zzu
    2>PROGUARD : warning : com.google.android.gms.gcm.Task$Builder: can't find referenced method 'void zzb(boolean,java.lang.Object)' in program class com.google.android.gms.common.internal.zzu
    2>PROGUARD : warning : com.google.android.gms.gcm.zza: can't find referenced method 'void setLatestEventInfo(android.content.Context,java.lang.CharSequence,java.lang.CharSequence,android.app.PendingIntent)' in library class android.app.Notification
    2>PROGUARD : warning : there were 3 unresolved references to program class members.
    2>PROGUARD : warning : there were 1 unresolved references to library class members.