Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

I want to use google Firebase Authentication in my xamarin project.

I had created project in console.firebase.google.com and have Xamarin.forms Application.

Now i want to provide default login with anonymous authentication and then if he/she want to login with google then it can login from that.

I am sorry to say but I am not clear that how i can do it. If anybody can help me in this, then I will be thankful to him.

I refer some well known links for it as given below.

https://github.com/step-up-labs/firebase-database-dotnet
https://github.com/rlamasb/Firebase.Xamarin

Answers

• ArsinxxArsinxx PKMember

I asked a similar question just yesterday here :
    https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/93383/cannot-get-a-xamarin-forms-project-to-build-with-firebaseauthentication-net

I was having trouble building the project with the libraries in my project, have you managed to get the project to build?

• Akshaychavda.8327Akshaychavda.8327 INMember ✭✭

No

I am still not getting any support for it, Can anyone please provide some help.

• ArsinxxArsinxx PKMember

I managed to get it to build and run. I used login through email and password not anonymous. can you provide some details on where exactly you are stuck, so I can suggest a way forward.

edited April 2017

Severity Code Description Project Path File Line Suppression State
    Error Exception while loading assemblies: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load assembly 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'. Perhaps it doesn't exist in the Mono for Android profile?
    File name: 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.dll'
    at Java.Interop.Tools.Cecil.DirectoryAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference reference, ReaderParameters parameters)
    at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.AddAssemblyReferences(DirectoryAssemblyResolver resolver, ICollection1 assemblies, AssemblyDefinition assembly, Boolean topLevel) at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.AddAssemblyReferences(DirectoryAssemblyResolver resolver, ICollection1 assemblies, AssemblyDefinition assembly, Boolean topLevel)
    at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.AddAssemblyReferences(DirectoryAssemblyResolver resolver, ICollection`1 assemblies, AssemblyDefinition assembly, Boolean topLevel)
    at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.Execute(DirectoryAssemblyResolver resolver) Firebase.Authentication.Android

I am getting this error and when i am trying to add this DLL it gives error that this component is already automatically referenced by build system