Cannot build with android support libraries

Richard_WRichard_W USMember ✭✭

Hi,
I am trying to use the Android Support libraries but no matter what I do, I can't get the project to build. I have a load of errors like this:
error:package android.support.v4.app does not exist error:package android.support.v4.view does not exist error:package android.support.v7.app.ActionBar does not exist and many similar errors.

In NuGet Package Manager, I have the following packages installed:
Xamarin.Android.Support.Animated.Vector.Drawable
Xamarin.Android.Support.Compat
Xamarin.Android.Support.Core.UI
Xamarin.Android.Support.Core.Utils
Xamarin.Android.Support.Fragment
Xamarin.Android.Support.Media.Compat
Xamarin.Android.Support.v4
Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.AppCompat
Xamarin.Android.Support.Vector.Drawable
Xamarin.Build.Download

Copying the SupportV7Toolbar sample project, I've added all the DLL's as references, except xamarin.build.download which causes more errors. Unfortunately, I can't get the sample project to build either.
I read in another post that you have to reference android-support-v4.jar in your binding project as a Reference JAR. I've tried this but when I create a binding project, I can't build that either, I get a lot of errors like this:
Error CS0234 The type or namespace name 'BaseFragmentActivityHoneycomb' does not exist in the namespace 'Android.Support.V4.App' (are you missing an assembly reference?) JarBinding Error CS0535 'FragmentActivity' does not implement interface member 'IJavaObject.Handle' JarBinding

I've tried all different combinations of references, and no files appear to be missing. What am I doing wrong? Surely it can't be that difficult to build the Support libraries into a project. I'm completely at a loss as what to do next, any help appreciated!