Pre-release: Xamarin.Forms 2.4.0.275-pre3

• DavidOrtinauDavidOrtinau USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Insider, University Xamurai

@NMackay I'll ask to have it revisited.

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University ✭✭✭✭✭

@DavidOrtinau said:
    @NMackay I'll ask to have it revisited.

Thanks David :)

• rogiheerogihee NLMember ✭✭✭

@DavidOrtinau @NMackay I'm also hit by this issue. Doesn't this (longstanding!) PR resolve it? https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/pull/431

Seeing a slight twitch in iOS but can live with it, seeing a small seizure in Android.

• ThomasBurkhartThomasBurkhart DEMember ✭✭✭✭

Sorry dear XF Team, but this pre is just buggy

After I had to switch sto stable on Android because of the Disposed Fast renderers I know had to do tha same in iOS because of this:

Xamarin.Forms.TextElement.OnTextColorPropertyChanged(BindableObject bindable, object oldValue, object newValue)
    Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject.SetValueActual(BindableProperty property, BindableObject.BindablePropertyContext context, object value, bool currentlyApplying, SetValueFlags attributes, bool silent)
    Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject.SetValueCore(BindableProperty property, object value, SetValueFlags attributes, BindableObject.SetValuePrivateFlags privateAttributes)
    Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject.SetValue(BindableProperty property, object value, bool fromStyle, bool checkAccess)
    Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject.SetValue(BindableProperty property, object value)
    JistTV.Login.CreateAccountPage.InitializeComponent()
    JistTV.Login.CreateAccountPage.CreateAccountPage()
    System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke(MonoCMethod, object, object[], ref Exception)(wrapper managed-to-native)
    System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke(object obj, object[] parameters)MonoMethod.cs:661
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    JistTV.MyRxHandler.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.b__0()
    System.Reactive.Concurrency.Scheduler.Invoke(IScheduler scheduler, Action action):0
    ReactiveUI.NSRunloopScheduler.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.b__0():0
    CoreFoundation.DispatchQueue.static_dispatcher_to_managed(IntPtr context)Dispatch.cs:343
    CoreFoundation.DispatchQueue.static_dispatcher_to_managed(intptr)(wrapper native-to-managed)
    UIKit.UIApplication.UIApplicationMain(int, string[], intptr, intptr)(wrapper managed-to-native)
    UIKit.UIApplication.Main(string[] args, IntPtr principal, IntPtr delegate)UIApplication.cs:79
    UIKit.UIApplication.Main(string[] args, string principalClassName, string delegateClassName)UIApplication.cs:63
    JistTV.iOS.Application.Main(string[] args)

• BradChase.2654BradChase.2654 USMember ✭✭✭

@ThomasBurkhart It looks like Hartez already fixed it: https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/commit/cdc405512844671bc3b2c8bd28f583036e5530a2

Might want to try the next nightly...

• BjornBBjornB USMember ✭✭✭

The dispose check is not implemented yet right (LabelRendere)? @BradChase.2654

edited April 27

https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/pull/886

I just made my first PR ever, i havent tested it, but i added a dispose check on GetDesiredSize the same way as in this pr https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/commit/cdc405512844671bc3b2c8bd28f583036e5530a2

@BradChase.2654 is this somewhat what you had in mind for your pr?

edited April 27

@BjornB Awesome yea! That is exactly what I did. I put it into all the new fast renderers on my side. Would you mind also putting it into FrameRenderer and VisualElementRenderer.UpdateBackgroundColor if its not there? Thanks btw!

EDIT: To add I also put a fix in for the .'s showing up on the controls again but I havent had the time to put it up. I should be done with the grid perf by saturday and hope to put it up if its not fixed by then.

• DavidOrtinauDavidOrtinau USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Insider, University Xamurai

@BjornB thx for the PRs! When you have a series of changes like that that are related, go ahead and bundle them into a single PR.

@DavidOrtinau said:
    @BjornB thx for the PRs! When you have a series of changes like that that are related, go ahead and bundle them into a single PR.

Got it! :)

@BjornB Yea exactly what I had except for the other frame updates. I didnt crash on those but thats not to say the issue didnt exist :).

There has to be a better way of handling the disposed, I am not sure I like the local disposed stuff. But it works for now.

• KosengKoseng DEMember ✭✭

Found a regression to 2.3.4.

Application crashes on iOS with NullReferenceException in a ListView with HasUnevenRows=true after simple operations.
    Occurs on 2.3.5-Pre2. Does not happen with HasUnevenRows=false. Simple example to reproduce is attached in bugzilla.

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=55745

• JKayJKay USMember ✭✭✭

Building UWP in Release mode with -Pre2 I get the following error:

MCG0024: MCG0024:UnresolvableTypeReference Unresolvable type reference 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.UWP.FormsDatePicker' in 'Assembly(Name=Xamarin.Forms.Platform.UAP, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)' found. Please check the references in your build system. A reference is either missing or an assembly is missing an expected type.

Anyone got any ideas what this might be?

• JKayJKay USMember ✭✭✭
    edited May 3

I'm also getting this exception on UWP, but dont know what causes it:

System.InvalidOperationException
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConditionalWeakTable2.VerifyIntegrity() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConditionalWeakTable2.TryGetValue(TKey key, TValue& value)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Setter.UnApply(BindableObject target, Boolean fromStyle)
    at Xamarin.Forms.TriggerBase.OnConditionChanged(BindableObject bindable, Boolean oldValue, Boolean newValue)
    at Xamarin.Forms.BindingCondition.OnBoundPropertyChanged(BindableObject bindable, Object oldValue, Object newValue)
    at Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject.ClearValue(BindableProperty property, Boolean checkaccess)
    at Xamarin.Forms.BindingCondition.TearDown(BindableObject bindable)
    at Xamarin.Forms.TriggerBase.OnDetachingFrom(BindableObject bindable)
    at Xamarin.Forms.TriggerBase.Xamarin.Forms.IAttachedObject.DetachFrom(BindableObject bindable)
    at Xamarin.Forms.AttachedCollection`1.OnDetachingFrom(BindableObject bindable)
    at Xamarin.Forms.VisualElement.Finalize()

I'm guessing this error is something to do with this change by @StephaneDelcroix: https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/commit/0ee636003b6d1083ea4caeed85ef3efbc815ed06#diff-880b7a8b0af7ca9c5e438d1901e8bda0

Or actually by looks it might be TryGetValue which would be this line:

https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/blob/master/Xamarin.Forms.Core/Setter.cs#L79

@Koseng said:
    Found a regression to 2.3.4.

Application crashes on iOS with NullReferenceException in a ListView with HasUnevenRows=true after simple operations.
    Occurs on 2.3.5-Pre2. Does not happen with HasUnevenRows=false. Simple example to reproduce is attached in bugzilla.

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=55745

Thx, the team just fixed that and it'll be in the next release.

@JKay looking at that info we're not sure what's going on there. Please post a repro project to Bugzilla for us and we'll dig deeper.

@DavidOrtinau

Will embedding native controls with XamlC enabled make it into 2.3.5? It did mention Q2 on the roadmap I think.

Thanks.

• KosengKoseng DEMember ✭✭

@DavidOrtinau
    Thanks, that way it is motivating to spend the extra effort of creating a good repro solution.

@NMackay said:
    @DavidOrtinau

Will embedding native controls with XamlC enabled make it into 2.3.5? It did mention Q2 on the roadmap I think.

Thanks.

No, not in 2.3.5.

@DavidOrtinau said:

@NMackay said:
    @DavidOrtinau

Thanks.

No, not in 2.3.5.

Thanks for clarifying David

• JKayJKay USMember ✭✭✭

@DavidOrtinau Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my project is quite complicated. so tracking down is quite difficult. It seems to be when disposing of a grouped list but i havent been able to get a repo toghether yet

• JKayJKay USMember ✭✭✭

With -Pre2 TapGesutures have also become really intermittent on Android. Have any changes happened here / Has anyone else seen this?

• JimmyGarridoJimmyGarrido USXamarin Team Xamurai

@JKay You might be hitting this issue with TapGestureRecognizers in Android. Can you test with -pre3 once it's published on NuGet and let us if you're still seeing this? Thanks!

• JKayJKay USMember ✭✭✭

@JimmyGarrido Thanks, Sounds exactly like our issue. I'll test with -pre3 and let you know

• RobertDurfeeRobertDurfee USMember ✭✭

With 2.3.5 pre2, the effects I have attached to Labels in XAML or c# are no longer being hit. Attaching the effect to other controls works fine.

• JKayJKay USMember ✭✭✭

Rolling back to stable (2.3.4.231) fixed both bugs I mentioned above on UWP:
    https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/270680/#Comment_270680
    and
    https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/270708/#Comment_270708

So both have definitely been introduced in the pre release version

• tgodltgodl DEMember ✭✭

I encounter the bug @JKay mentioned in Comment #270708 in stable 2.3.4.231 as well. It only happens if i use a trigger in my custom control. If i don't use triggers at all or remove them in the deconstructor it works.

• JKayJKay USMember ✭✭✭

@Thomas.Goerlich Sounds like it could be the case. I use Syncfusion controls so have no control over detaching the triggers. Probably one for Xamarin to investigate

change thread to pre 3?

• JKayJKay USMember ✭✭✭

@JKay said:
    I'm also getting this exception on UWP, but dont know what causes it:

System.InvalidOperationException
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConditionalWeakTable2.VerifyIntegrity() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConditionalWeakTable2.TryGetValue(TKey key, TValue& value)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Setter.UnApply(BindableObject target, Boolean fromStyle)
    at Xamarin.Forms.TriggerBase.OnConditionChanged(BindableObject bindable, Boolean oldValue, Boolean newValue)
    at Xamarin.Forms.BindingCondition.OnBoundPropertyChanged(BindableObject bindable, Object oldValue, Object newValue)
    at Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject.ClearValue(BindableProperty property, Boolean checkaccess)
    at Xamarin.Forms.BindingCondition.TearDown(BindableObject bindable)
    at Xamarin.Forms.TriggerBase.OnDetachingFrom(BindableObject bindable)
    at Xamarin.Forms.TriggerBase.Xamarin.Forms.IAttachedObject.DetachFrom(BindableObject bindable)
    at Xamarin.Forms.AttachedCollection`1.OnDetachingFrom(BindableObject bindable)
    at Xamarin.Forms.VisualElement.Finalize()

I'm guessing this error is something to do with this change by @StephaneDelcroix: https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/commit/0ee636003b6d1083ea4caeed85ef3efbc815ed06#diff-880b7a8b0af7ca9c5e438d1901e8bda0

Or actually by looks it might be TryGetValue which would be this line:

https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/blob/master/Xamarin.Forms.Core/Setter.cs#L79

There is 100% a problem when using DataTemplate with Custom Controls with Triggers on UWP. See Syncfusions report: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=56210

Bug appears in Xamarin.Forms 2.3.4.231 onwards, gets worse in pre-releases

• rmarinhormarinho PTMember, Insider, Beta Xamurai

Hey @JKay we are working on that issue.

• BrightLeeBrightLee KRMember ✭✭✭
    edited May 12

Hi, just tested pre-3.

VS for Mac 7.0(build3146)
    Xamarin.Forms/Android.
    Xamarin.Android 7.3.0.13
    Android SDK API 25
    Tested on Xamarin Android Player. (Nexus 4-API23)

It opens my first ContentPage well, but It crashes when I try to change my App.MainPage after success to log in.
    Can anyone help me to know what this log means?
    His dying message...

Edit:
    found others who faced same issue.
    https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/95285/update-to-visual-studio-mac-with-mono-etc-broke-app-on-emulator

[Mono] Unloading image System.Runtime.Extensions.dll [0x962e6300].
    [Mono] Image addref System.Runtime.Extensions[0x96710560] -> System.Runtime.Extensions.dll[0x9b0e5100]: 8
    [Mono] Config attempting to parse: 'System.Runtime.Extensions.dll.config'.
    [Mono] Config attempting to parse: '/usr/local/etc/mono/assemblies/System.Runtime.Extensions/System.Runtime.Extensions.config'.
    [Mono] Assembly Ref addref allbX[0xac1e2ae0] -> System.Runtime.Extensions[0xb33b5de0]: 6
    [Mono] Assembly Ref addref Plugin.Badge.Droid[0xac1e38c0] -> Xamarin.Forms.Core[0xb33b51e0]: 15
    [Mono] Assembly Ref addref Plugin.Badge.Droid[0xac1e38c0] -> Xamarin.Android.Support.Design[0xac1e4be0]: 4
    [Mono] Assembly Ref addref Xamarin.Android.Support.Design[0xac1e4be0] -> Xamarin.Android.Support.Core.UI[0xac1e4ac0]: 4
    [art] JNI RegisterNativeMethods: attempt to register 0 native methods for md5cb7b6c6da3a4751f097f9c2681d621d4.BadgedTabbedPageRenderer
    [Mono] Assembly Ref addref Xamarin.Android.Support.Fragment[0xac1e4c40] -> Xamarin.Android.Support.Core.UI[0xac1e4ac0]: 5
    [Mono] Assembly Ref addref Plugin.Badge.Droid[0xac1e38c0] -> Plugin.Badge.Abstractions[0xac1e3440]: 3
    [Mono] Assembly Ref addref Plugin.Badge.Droid[0xac1e38c0] -> System[0xb33b6c20]: 16
    [art] JNI RegisterNativeMethods: attempt to register 0 native methods for md5cb7b6c6da3a4751f097f9c2681d621d4.BadgeView
    [Mono] DllImport searching in: '__Internal' ('(null)').
    [Mono] Searching for 'java_interop_jnienv_call_static_float_method_a'.
    [Mono] Probing 'java_interop_jnienv_call_static_float_method_a'.
    [Mono] Found as 'java_interop_jnienv_call_static_float_method_a'.
    [Mono] Searching for 'java_interop_jnienv_new_float_array'.
    [Mono] Probing 'java_interop_jnienv_new_float_array'.
    [Mono] Found as 'java_interop_jnienv_new_float_array'.
    [Mono] Searching for 'java_interop_jnienv_set_float_array_region'.
    [Mono] Probing 'java_interop_jnienv_set_float_array_region'.
    [Mono] Found as 'java_interop_jnienv_set_float_array_region'.
    [Mono] Searching for 'java_interop_jnienv_get_float_array_region'.
    [Mono] Probing 'java_interop_jnienv_get_float_array_region'.
    [Mono] Found as 'java_interop_jnienv_get_float_array_region'.
    [Mono] Assembly Ref addref Refractored.XamForms.PullToRefresh.Droid[0xac1e4160] -> Refractored.XamForms.PullToRefresh[0xac1e40a0]: 3
    [Mono] Assembly Ref addref ImageCircle.Forms.Plugin.Android[0xac1e30e0] -> ImageCircle.Forms.Plugin.Abstractions[0xac1e2b40]: 3
    [Mono] The request to load the assembly System.Net.Http v4.0.0.0 was remapped to v2.0.5.0
    [Mono] Unloading image System.Net.Http.dll [0x962e7200].
    [Mono] Image addref System.Net.Http[0x971db740] -> System.Net.Http.dll[0x9a282a00]: 7
    [Mono] Config attempting to parse: 'System.Net.Http.dll.config'.
    [Mono] Config attempting to parse: '/usr/local/etc/mono/assemblies/System.Net.Http/System.Net.Http.config'.
    [Mono] Assembly Ref addref Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android[0xb4519ea0] -> System.Net.Http[0x9a8ceb80]: 5
    [art] JNI RegisterNativeMethods: attempt to register 0 native methods for md5010ca2fa7c1df37f0a4acf6faa4da136.FixedLineLabelRenderer
    Thread started: <Thread Pool> #12
    [Mono] [0x95cf6930] worker starting
    Thread started: <Thread Pool> #13
    [Mono] [0x95bf5930] worker starting
    [Mono] Image addref System.Runtime.Serialization[0xac1e2cc0] -> System.Runtime.Serialization.dll[0xb4534f00]: 2
    [Mono] Prepared to set up assembly 'System.Runtime.Serialization' (System.Runtime.Serialization.dll)
    [Mono] Assembly System.Runtime.Serialization[0xac1e2cc0] added to domain RootDomain, ref_count=1
    [Mono] AOT: image 'System.Runtime.Serialization.dll.so' not found: dlopen failed: library "/data/app/com.allbinc.allbx-1/lib/x86/libaot-System.Runtime.Serialization.dll.so" not found
    [Mono] AOT: image '/usr/local/lib/mono/aot-cache/x86/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll.so' not found: dlopen failed: library "/data/app/com.allbinc.allbx-1/lib/x86/libaot-System.Runtime.Serialization.dll.so" not found
    [Mono] Config attempting to parse: 'System.Runtime.Serialization.dll.config'.
    [Mono] Config attempting to parse: '/usr/local/etc/mono/assemblies/System.Runtime.Serialization/System.Runtime.Serialization.config'.
    [Mono] Assembly Ref addref Mono.Android[0xb33b55a0] -> System.Runtime.Serialization[0xac1e2cc0]: 2
    [Mono] Assembly Ref addref System.Runtime.Serialization[0xac1e2cc0] -> mscorlib[0xac1e28a0]: 87
    [Mono] Image addref System.Diagnostics.Tools[0x966cf000] -> System.Diagnostics.Tools.dll[0xb4535400]: 2
    [Mono] Prepared to set up assembly 'System.Diagnostics.Tools' (System.Diagnostics.Tools.dll)
    [Mono] Assembly System.Diagnostics.Tools[0x966cf000] added to domain RootDomain, ref_count=1
    [Mono] AOT: image 'System.Diagnostics.Tools.dll.so' not found: dlopen failed: library "/data/app/com.allbinc.allbx-1/lib/x86/libaot-System.Diagnostics.Tools.dll.so" not found
    [Mono] AOT: image '/usr/local/lib/mono/aot-cache/x86/System.Diagnostics.Tools.dll.so' not found: dlopen failed: library "/data/app/com.allbinc.allbx-1/lib/x86/libaot-System.Diagnostics.Tools.dll.so" not found
    [Mono] Config attempting to parse: 'System.Diagnostics.Tools.dll.config'.
    [Mono] Config attempting to parse: '/usr/local/etc/mono/assemblies/System.Diagnostics.Tools/System.Diagnostics.Tools.config'.
    [Mono] Assembly Ref addref allbX[0xac1e2ae0] -> System.Diagnostics.Tools[0x966cf000]: 2
    [Mono] Assembly Ref addref System.Diagnostics.Tools[0x966cf000] -> System[0xb33b6c20]: 17
    [] * Assertion at /Users/builder/jenkins/workspace/xamarin-android/xamarin-android/external/mono/mono/mini/debugger-agent.c:8949, condition `locals->locals [i].index < header->num_locals' not met
    [libc] Fatal signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6 in tid 2026 (Debugger agent)

Is this a second release of a pre 3? @DavidOrtinau

• PhilippSumiPhilippSumi USMember ✭✭✭

Are there any plans to drop the hardcoded 29.0.0.1 dependency on the GooglePlayServices.Maps library on Xamarin.Forms.Maps? I was happy to see it lifted for general use of the play services DLLs so that I could finally use Google's PlacePicker, but if I want to include a map, I'm back to square 1...

• JoeMankeJoeManke USMember ✭✭✭
    edited May 15

The GooglePlayServices.Maps 29.0.0.1 dependency is a minimum version in theory, as of Xamarin.Forms.Maps 2.3.3.193. With a bugfix in 2.3.4 it became practical. You should be fine to update your Google Play Services as long as you're at least on the latest stable.

@RobertDurfee said:
    With 2.3.5 pre2, the effects I have attached to Labels in XAML or c# are no longer being hit. Attaching the effect to other controls works fine.

That could be related to Fast Renderers. Please file a report with a repro project.

@BjornB said:

We had a couple builds of -pre3, but the current one is the only one we pushed to NuGet, unless there was a misfire in the Build busy-ness. Why do you ask?

@DavidOrtinau said:

@BjornB said:

We had a couple builds of -pre3, but the current one is the only one we pushed to NuGet, unless there was a misfire in the Build busy-ness. Why do you ask?

Forgot that i took the previous pre 3 nuget from github. nvm! :)