We've pushed Xamarin.Forms 18.104.22.1686-pre6 to NuGet and have begun QA in preparation for making this our next stable release.
To install the pre-release, check the pre-release option in your NuGet manager and install this version.
For some quick highlights, check out our blog announcement. Hint: Fast Renders for Android, ListView performance enhancements and fixes, and MacOS preview.
If you’ve got a bug to report, drop us a quick report here so we can troubleshoot in detail.
As you have performance specific feedback, please join the discussion in this performance specific thread.
- Xamarin.Forms is now compatible with .NET Standard projects! Not all build features may work.
- Behavior change:
Device.RuntimePlatform now returns
WinRT on WinRT and
UWP on UWP.
- Behavior change: Using the new
AutomationProperties may impact UI Test execution on Android.
HelpText will all set the native
ContentDescription property, with
HelpText taking precedence over
HelpText will be concatenated). This means that any tests looking for
AutomationId will now fail if
HelpText are also set on that element. To work around this issue, please alter your UI Tests to look for the value of
HelpText in this scenario.
- Behavior change: Calling
Focus on a
Picker on WinRT/UWP will now open the drop down.
- Deprecation: Android
IVisualElementRenderer.ViewGroup is now obsolete. Please use
- 56795 - "DataTriggers do not work on UWP in RELEASE mode"
- [Android] Dispose check before setting properties on Button (PR)
- 36031 - "Button border not drawn on Android without a BorderRadius" (PR)
- 57717 - "Setting background color on Button in Android FormsApplicationActivity causes NRE" (PR)
- 57749 - "[UWP] After enabling a disabled button it is not clickable" (PR)
- [Android] Dispose check on FastButtonRenderer to prevent crash (PR)
- [Android] Set the Id field for Android Views created by Forms (PR)
- 55588 - "Cannot open more than one ContextAction in different ListViews on IOS" (PR)
- 56444 - "A small "dot" shows up as value in Android labels when the value is null/empty." (PR)
- 56895 - "VS2017 stable - previewer exception crash- no method found Button_click on type" (PR)
- 56896 - "ListViews for lists with many elements regressed in performance on iOS" (PR)
- 57108 - "Fix possible crash on API 21+ at launch when using Holo theme and FormsApplicationActivity" (PR)