Xamarin ios app for icloud drive access

Can anyone please point me how to access icloud from your ioS App. I followed this example but I get errors of CFBundleIdentifier.However I need a simple app to start with rather than xamarin sample app mentioned above.

Answers

• TedRogersTedRogers USMember ✭✭✭✭

Turn on CloudKit on your app id, create new provisioning profile, turn on Cloud kit in your capabilities. Make sure the entitlements match between app and provisioning profile. You can open your provisions profile up in a text editor to see your entitlements and compare to entitlements file in your project.

• GirirajKulkarniGirirajKulkarni USMember ✭✭

Hi Ted,
    I have already done all the steps mentioned above. Still does not work. How would I log in to icloud? if user has not logged into icloud? An example would be very helpful.

If user has not logged into iCloud, then your app is out of luck.

Please provide more detail on the issue you are seeing.

Ted, please look at my link provided. I want user to login if they don't have iCloud logged in. It now working on simulator but not on actual device.

I am not understanding what you have working and what you do not have working.

"I want user to login if they don't have iCloud logged in. It now working on simulator" - What exactly are you saying you have working?

Also, can you provide the errors you are seeing?

Sorry for the confusion Ted. The app runs fine on simulator but if I try to run on my ipad as target from visual studio it keeps throwing errors.
    I get these errors: Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Visual Studio Error#1: The App Extension NBox has an invalid CFBundleIdentifier , it does not begin with the main app bundle's CFBundleIdentifier . NewBox

Visual Studio Error #2: Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error The App Extension NBoxFileProvider has an invalid CFBundleIdentifier , it does not begin with the main app bundle's CFBundleIdentifier NewBox

Xamarin Studio @MAC:
    Please check the iOS Device Log for details (error: 0xe8008016).
    --- inner exception
    Xamarin.Installation.FailedInstallException: Your code signing/provisioning profiles are not correctly configured. Probably you have an entitlement not supported by your current provisioning profile, or your device is not part of the current provisioning profile. Please check the iOS Device Log for details (error: 0xe8008016)
    at Xamarin.Installation.InstallationProxyService.InstallApplicationBundle (System.String app_path, MonoTouch.MobileDevice.ProgressCallback callback, System.String shadow_directory) [0x000f5] in :0
    at Xamarin.Launcher.DevController.InstallApplicationBundle (Xamarin.Hosting.RealDevice d, Xamarin.Hosting.AppBundle bundle, System.String shadow_directory)

I have set both Bundle Identifier to be same. but When I run it on simulator it does give me error() but it runs fine.

Sorry for the confusion Ted. The app runs fine on simulator but if I try to run on my ipad as target from visual studio it keeps throwing errors.
    I get these errors: Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Visual Studio Error#1: The App Extension NBox has an invalid CFBundleIdentifier , it does not begin with the main app bundle's CFBundleIdentifier . NewBox

Visual Studio Error #2: Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error The App Extension NBoxFileProvider has an invalid CFBundleIdentifier , it does not begin with the main app bundle's CFBundleIdentifier NewBox

Xamarin Studio @MAC:
    --- inner exception
    Xamarin.Installation.FailedInstallException: Your code signing/provisioning profiles are not correctly configured. Probably you have an entitlement not supported by your current provisioning profile, or your device is not part of the current provisioning profile. Please check the iOS Device Log for details (error: 0xe8008016)
    at Xamarin.Installation.InstallationProxyService.InstallApplicationBundle (System.String app_path, MonoTouch.MobileDevice.ProgressCallback callback, System.String shadow_directory) [0x000f5] in :0
    at Xamarin.Launcher.DevController.InstallApplicationBundle (Xamarin.Hosting.RealDevice d, Xamarin.Hosting.AppBundle bundle, System.String shadow_directory)

I have set both Bundle Identifier to be same. but When I run it on simulator it does give me error() but it runs fine.

Xamarin Studio @MAC:
    --- inner exception

Xamarin Studio @MAC:
    --- inner exception

• Not sure if you ever solved this but I ran into the "it does not begin with the main app bundle's CFBundleIdentifier" issue. Unless I missed it Xamarin documentation doesn't tell you that your extension needs its own Provisioning profile. Which means it needs its on App Id. You will use the same certs. Make sure when you create the new App Id that it contains your container app's app id.

For example if you container app has a id like com.testapp.newbox then your extension app id should be something like com.testapp.newbox.todayextension. Create a new provision profile based on this new app id, download and have xcode load it. Now in your Bundle Identifier property in your extensions info.plist, place the new app id and that will clear up that issue.

Don't forget to create a provision profile based on that ID for apple store release not just development.

• nhwillynhwilly USMember ✭✭
    edited March 2018

@ChristopherParker.0454

Saved my butt today. Different extension, but the suggestion applied just fine.

Thanks!