"sgen.exe" exited with code 1

KarimFlactionKarimFlaction USMember

Hello,

I'm making a Xamarin Cross-platform application an I have a problem. My application works on Android but when I want to build for iOS I have this error message :

"sgen.exe" exited with code 1

I don't know why I have this. I have the connection with the Mac, I can show the simulator but I have this problem.

Somebody can help me ?

Thank you,
Karim

Answers

• AshleyGazichAshleyGazich USXamarin Team Xamurai

Please check that both machines are on latest Stable, then do a clean + rebuild. If that does not help, please attach the version information for both Mac and Windows, as well as the verbose build output. Thanks!

• luizclucasluizclucas BRMember

I`m facing the same problem, i have already reinstalled Visual Studio, i installed a MonoFramework 4.81, but nothing solved my issue.

I can debug in simulator the code, but i can`t generate .ipa by running Release/Iphone in MAC

Any progress?

• voidvoid DKBeta ✭✭✭
    edited July 12

I get the same. It might be bug when you're using SOAP web references for iOS and Mac in Mono 5.x

https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/96856/error-msb6006-sgen-exe-exited-with-code-1-since-stable-update-last-tuesday
    https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/93991/unable-to-generate-a-temporary-class-in-release-mode

Currently, we have to deploy that iOS app from an older XS installation. The new VSfM toolchain does not seem to work with SOAP web references.

• ermayank001ermayank001 INMember

That helped me figure out what's going on. This is a msbuild vs xbuild bug:

xbuild WebServicesNotWorking.sln /p:Configuration=Release (Works)
    msbuild WebServicesNotWorking.sln /p:Configuration=Release (Your error).

Resolution:

1. Use Xamarin Studio instead of VS for Mac
    2. Uncheck Preferences -> Projects -> Build -> Build with MSBuild instead of xbuild (I don't recommend this as it may affect other things)
    3. Build the project with xbuild and check in the output for now.
  • ermayank001ermayank001 INMember

That helped me figure out what's going on. This is a msbuild vs xbuild bug:

xbuild WebServicesNotWorking.sln /p:Configuration=Release (Works)
    msbuild WebServicesNotWorking.sln /p:Configuration=Release (Your error).

Resolution:

1. Use XS instead of VSfM
    2. Uncheck Preferences -> Projects -> Build -> Build with MSBuild instead of xbuild (I don't recommend this as it may affect other things)
    3. Build the project with xbuild and check in the output for now.