iOS Deployment Target issue - iOS SDK version not available. Highest iOS SDK version supported 10.3

DooksDooks ZAMember ✭✭✭
edited April 2017 in Xamarin.iOS

So I have updated Xcode yesterday to 8.3 (8E162) on the remote Macbook, since that happened, The only option showing up in VS on my windows developer machine is 10.3. I need to have the app available for devices with at least 9.0

I installed iOS 9.0 Simulator in Xcode -> Preferences... -> Components but the version still does not show up in Visual Studio.
(connected, reconnected, restarted everything, cleaned and rebuilt everything - all that has been done in between also)

Error with (-) iOS SDK version not available. Highest iOS SDK version supported 10.3.

I am going to add the other issue I have also. When the update happened, now the Custom fonts does not work at all.

Here are the font files and settings:

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• IceJovanoskiIceJovanoski MKMember ✭✭

+1 Having both of the problems too.

• DooksDooks ZAMember ✭✭✭

@IceJovanoski said:
    +1 Having both of the problems too.

I got mine working (I think). Try Clean Project and Rebuild?

• Hasse.7987Hasse.7987 SEMember

Hi

I also having the first issue. I have a working setup with VS2015. Today I upgraded with a new clean Windows 10 with VS2017, all out of the box. My project do not build for iOS in this setup and the reason is the issue your seeing.

Clean/Rebuild do not solve the problem for me.

Apparently this is okay:

Okay what I have done, created/changed two Configurations, "Debug" and "Ad-Hoc".

I have played around with the configuration manager for both of these, and set the properties accordingly for each:
    Imgur

I got it to compile just fine like this, so just ignore the error, and continue as per normal.

• Mr.PearceMr.Pearce DEMember ✭✭

I have the same Issue with the Deployment Target.(VS2017)
    However XCode shows and builds with deploymentTarget below 10.3.

@Mr.Pearce said:

As I have said, you can ignore that. The application will build fine. Just Clean, and then Rebuild your app and make sure your configurations are setup correctly

• JeffDalbyJeffDalby USUniversity ✭✭

@Dooks said:

@Mr.Pearce said:

As I have said, you can ignore that. The application will build fine. Just Clean, and then Rebuild your app and make sure your configurations are setup correctly

Ok, but then will the app work on devices with a lower version of iOS? My understanding was that the deployment target determines the lowest version the app will run on, and we need it to run on devices that have an older OS than 10.3.

• fdesbrossesfdesbrosses USMember ✭✭

+1 for the custom fonts. Has anybody found a workaround ?

• JoeMoJoeMo CAMember ✭✭
    edited April 2017

+1 I had the same issue.

• fdesbrossesfdesbrosses USMember ✭✭

My bad, custom fonts are actually working when used in components (UILabels...), but not anymore when used in NSAttributedString (through parsing HTML with NSDocumentType.HTML).

It seems to be related with iOS 10.3 as it was fine till 10.2 :(

• TimAbbsTimAbbs USMember

+1 I have the same version issue

edited April 2017

With the error in place, having it at 9.0
    It is just a Xamarin bug which you can ignore. It submits fine to the itunes connect store.

• NeilAldersonNeilAlderson GBMember ✭✭

Not sure if this is related but I am now getting some strange behaviour since updating Xamarin for Visual Studio / XCode. For some reason all of my font sizes have shrunk when deploying to iOS despite not changing anything to do with fonts in my Xamarin.Forms project! Android is just fine

• Johan_SchoemanJohan_Schoeman ZAMember ✭✭

I have the same problem - but I can now only see 10.3 for deployment target. We have a lot of older iOS devices that are stuck on 9.3.5 due to iOS10 excluding these devices.

How can I get the 9.3 target to show again?

• NicolasBousquetNicolasBousquet USMember ✭✭

Same here, unable to build and deploy on ios 10.1. App stops right after launchscreen.
    I grabbed VS 2015, fired up my solution and it worked right out of the box. Meh.

• xProjectsxProjects USMember ✭✭

hi,
    VS2015, Xamarin iOS

Similar question. Is it possible to deploy to a ipod touch device running v9.3.5 when the error in VS is Highest iOS SDK version supported 10.3. Do I just enter 9.3.5 in the VS iOS Application deployment target and ignore the error?
    I'm downloading the 9.3 simulator on my mac-mini now - assuming this aligns with the version that is on the ipod Touch - so I can test it first. The app works fine in the iPhone 10.3 simulators.

Earlier I had a problem deploying the app to the iPod Touch. Would the iOS Application deployment target set at 10.3 be the reason?

Thanks in advance.
    x

• xProjectsxProjects USMember ✭✭

Update:
    Built the IPA iOS IPA Options **checked the box Build ad-hoc/Enterprise package. After a successful build, selected **Show IPA on Build Server. on the mac, copied the IPA from Finder to iTunes. Plugged in my iPod Touch, selected the device, clicked Install, Apply. Success!

I don't believe this had anything to do with downloading the 9.3 simulator... newbie days... :)

Anyway, I hope this helps someone else.

• MartinNeuMartinNeu USMember

Hi!

Any update?

• ALEXEYSUBBOTAALEXEYSUBBOTA RUMember ✭✭

+1

• WarrenStephensWarrenStephens USMember ✭✭
    edited July 2017

Setting the info.plist Deployment Target to 9.0 reduced my warnings+errors from 1,000+ down to only 2! Thanks Caioshin!