Forum Xamarin.iOS

Apple Rejected New Version of App

CrosevenCroseven USMember ✭✭

Hi can anyone maybe help me figure out what the issue is,

My second version of my app was compiled with XCode 8.2 installed on my mac,
This week I made three changes to the app.

1) Added an image to a view
2) modified the method that uploads images to the server
3) compiled with latest XCode

But they rejected it with the following message

We were unable to install the app on an iPad Air. The UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key in the Info.plist is set in such a way that the app will not install on an iPad Air .

In my Info.plist file there is no UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities ( see attached Info.rar file with the plist file).

I ran the application on my iPhone 5s and it worked, I also ran it on the VS Simulators (iPad Air 2, and iPad Air) the iPad Air 2 ran easily, the iPad Air hanged at the Splash Screen (I am doing no processing there), then it just closed, if I click on the app icon again it would hang again but the third time I clicked on the app it opened without issues

Best Answer

• CrosevenCroseven USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I created a video where I compiled and run the app on a Simulator, I've sent that to the Review Team and they approved the application, later that day I received an email that the problem was on their side.

Answers

• prashantvcprashantvc USXamarin Team Xamurai

That's rather strange! Could you share the details emailed by Apple? Usually they include the crash log when the app crashes during the review

The following is the only information they gave, no crash log, and no log file

Apr 7, 2017 at 1:51 AM
    From Apple
    Guideline 2.3 - Performance

We were unable to install the app on an iPad Air. The UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key in the Info.plist is set in such a way that the app will not install on an iPad Air .

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please check the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key to verify that it contains only the attributes required for your app features or the attributes that must not be present on the device. Attributes specified by a dictionary should be set to true if they are required and false if they must not be present on the device.

Resources

Please review the Technical Q&A 1397: Understanding the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key for information on the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key.

You may also wish to review the dictionary keys table in the "Declaring the Required Device Capabilities" section of the App Programming Guide for iOS.

Accepted Answer

I created a video where I compiled and run the app on a Simulator, I've sent that to the Review Team and they approved the application, later that day I received an email that the problem was on their side.