Xamarin Inspector not supporting Nougat?

NielsCupNielsCup NLMember ✭✭✭

I am trying to use the Xamarin Inspector with an Android 7 (API24) emulator in Xamarin Studio on Mac, but the inspector button says:

"Xamarin Inspector support is disabled for an unknown reason".

The Xamarin Inspector does work when I use it with an Android 6 emulator. Does the Xamarin Inspector simply not support Android 7 or is this caused by something else?

Best Answer

• SandyArmstrongSandyArmstrong USXamarin Team, Insider Xamurai
    Accepted Answer

What version of Xamarin Studio are you using? Android 7 emulators should work as of Xamarin Studio 6.3 (which has been in the alpha channel for some time, and was just yesterday released to stable as far as I can tell).

The corresponding fix for Visual Studio on Windows will ship a little later, in the Visual Studio 15.2 timeframe.

Answers

• SandyArmstrongSandyArmstrong USXamarin Team, Insider Xamurai
    Accepted Answer

What version of Xamarin Studio are you using? Android 7 emulators should work as of Xamarin Studio 6.3 (which has been in the alpha channel for some time, and was just yesterday released to stable as far as I can tell).

The corresponding fix for Visual Studio on Windows will ship a little later, in the Visual Studio 15.2 timeframe.

• NielsCupNielsCup NLMember ✭✭✭

Yep, you're right. I only updated the inspector, but was still running XS 6.2, XS 6.3 works, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.