The package requires NuGet client version 3.3 or above, but the current NuGet version is 2.12.0.817

We have a package on NuGet that depends on Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp 2.0.0. When I try to add it to an empty workbook, I get the following error message:

Unable to add NuGet package to workbook
The package 'Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp 2.0.0' requires NuGet client version '3.3' or above, but the current NuGet version is '2.12.0.817'.

Xamarin Workbooks version: 1.2, just installed.

Tagged:

• SandyArmstrongSandyArmstrong USXamarin Team, Insider Xamurai

We are currently working on upgrading our NuGet support, but I cannot give a release estimate at this time.

You will be unable to add packages like this without a lot of manual intervention until then (for example, you could extract the packages yourself and #r "path\to\Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.dll" etc for each and every assembly you need).

Sorry for the trouble.

• apskimapskim USMember

That is unfortunate :( but thank you for the update!

What is the NuGet package you want to use? I love adding new complex packages to my list for testing.

• apskimapskim USMember
    edited April 6

Microsoft.ProgramSynthesis and Microsoft.ProgramSynthesis.Compiler :)

Features:

• a LONG list of assemblies
    • an optional native DLL dependency
    • .NET Core and .NET Framework support

As an additional bug report related to this package, invoking IntelliSense after #r "packages/Microsoft.ProgramSynthesis/lib/netstandard1.6/ makes it stuck in the "Loading..." state.

Well this is certainly a fun set of packages to test, thanks!

The NuGet upgrade has landed in our 1.3 preview release: https://developer.xamarin.com/releases/interactive/interactive-1.3/

However, Microsoft.ProgramSynthesis doesn't work right out-of-the-box. This is probably related to work we still need to do on processing targets and native libraries.

This is a fantastic test case, though, and is on my list of complex packages to work on supporting.