Xamarin.Forms 2.3.4.270

1235»

• DavidDancyDavidDancy AUMember ✭✭✭✭

@thanhtong Have you seen this blog that appeared a few days ago? https://blog.xamarin.com/building-xamarin-forms-nuget/

• thanhtongthanhtong VNMember ✭✭

@DavidDancy Thank you! I will try it.

• DirkWilhelmDirkWilhelm USMember ✭✭✭

@DavidOrtinau @TheRealJasonSmith

Out of curiosity, why are the 2 newer releases 2.3.4.258 and 2.3.4.261 not on nuget yet?

According to the github page .258 was released 25 days ago and .261 9 days ago, but they don't show up on nuget.

• voidvoid DKBeta ✭✭✭

@DavidOrtinau said:
    2.3.4.267 is now available on NuGet. This is a stable service release 5 to address crashing during PopAsync on Android.

https://developer.xamarin.com/releases/xamarin-forms/xamarin-forms-2.3/2.3.4-sr5/

Thank you for the last days vigilance on this!

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭

@DavidOrtinau said:
    2.3.4.267 is now available on NuGet. This is a stable service release 5 to address crashing during PopAsync on Android.

https://developer.xamarin.com/releases/xamarin-forms/xamarin-forms-2.3/2.3.4-sr5/

This is still not working when you try try to remove multiple pages. I get exception as

java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void android.view.View.unFocus(android.view.View)' on a null object reference
    at android.view.ViewGroup.removeViewInternal(ViewGroup.java:4591)
    at android.view.ViewGroup.removeViewAt(ViewGroup.java:4553)
    at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveFragmentToExpectedState(FragmentManager.java:1581)
    at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:1636)
    at android.support.v4.app.BackStackRecord.executeOps(BackStackRecord.java:758)
    at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.executeOps(FragmentManager.java:2415)
    at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.executeOpsTogether(FragmentManager.java:2201)
    at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.optimizeAndExecuteOps(FragmentManager.java:2155)
    at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.execPendingActions(FragmentManager.java:2064)
    at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl$1.run(FragmentManager.java:718)
    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:234)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5526)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:726)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:616)
    Xamarin caused by: Java.Lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void android.view.View.unFocus(android.view.View)' on a null object reference
    --- End of managed Java.Lang.NullPointerException stack trace ---
    java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void android.view.View.unFocus(android.view.View)' on a null object reference
    at android.view.ViewGroup.removeViewInternal(ViewGroup.java:4591)
    at android.view.ViewGroup.removeViewAt(ViewGroup.java:4553)
    at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveFragmentToExpectedState(FragmentManager.java:1581)
    at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:1636)
    at android.support.v4.app.BackStackRecord.executeOps(BackStackRecord.java:758)
    at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.executeOps(FragmentManager.java:2415)
    at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.executeOpsTogether(FragmentManager.java:2201)
    at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.optimizeAndExecuteOps(FragmentManager.java:2155)
    at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.execPendingActions(FragmentManager.java:2064)
    at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl$1.run(FragmentManager.java:718)
    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:234)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5526)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:726)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:616)

• Shane000Shane000 USMember ✭✭✭

Which version of Android.Support.v7 can I update to? I can not find it in the release notes.

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭

@Shane000 you can update to any version if you like. xamarin forms removed dependency from support libraries. it means before latest xf wasnt supporting latest support libraries but now it does. only problem is any support library above 23.3 version has problem I indicated above. if you are using RemovePage method, it will crash,

• Shane000Shane000 USMember ✭✭✭

@batmaci Oh great, I had missed the dependency removal. I don't think I'm using RemovePage thankfully.

• AlmaJensen.9398AlmaJensen.9398 USMember ✭✭✭

I think this may be a harder to find issue and I think someone did partially address it. It seems that on iOS and UWP calling Focus() on a control wouldn't actually give focus. For me that works now. But what I'm running into is on an Entry if I call Focus() on iOS if I navigate away from the page with that control and then later go back to that page or any other page with an Entry no Entry is able to get focus. I can't click on them to bring up the keyboard or type in them. I tried the latest nightly build and still get the same issue.

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=58988

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University ✭✭✭✭✭

@DavidOrtinau @rmarinho

If one of the team could have a quick look at this one, seems to be a bug in 2.4.0-pre3
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=59724

• PaulDiPietroPaulDiPietro USXamarin Team Xamurai
    @NMackay we will have to look at it, but it's not entirely clear; is this a regression?
  • NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University ✭✭✭✭✭

@PaulDiPietro said:
    @NMackay we will have to look at it, but it's not entirely clear; is this a regression?

I don't think it's a regression bug Paul, it exists in 2.3.4 stable. I think it's maybe one of these bugs that's been there for a while. It's definitely a bug though imho.

1235»